Do It Yourself Projects
Style & Fashion
Do It Yourself
- Excessive snow from Blizzard of 2016 heightens risk of roof collapses
- January 25, 2016; 6:35 AM
- Though a small amount of rooftop snow can act as an insulator during cold winter months, an excessive amount can cause structural damage to your home.
- Blizzard survival guide: These tips could help save your life
- December 26, 2015; 12:30 PM
- These tools, tips and essential winter kit items could help save your life if you're ever stranded in a blizzard.
- Emergency heat for winter storms
- December 23, 2015; 4:53 PM
- Is there a way to prepare and protect your family from power outages? The best way to protect your family is to do some planning now.
- Building a gingerbread house
- December 11, 2015; 9:32 AM
- Who says building a house can't be a fun and easy project? Renovate Your World's team of building experts tackles the time-honored tradition of holiday decorating by building a gingerbread house.
- Stay cozy and warm this winter with in-floor radiant heat
- December 09, 2015; 10:36 AM
- By adding a layer of electric or hydronic heat, you can keep both your home toasty and your driveway snow-free.
- How to Winterize Your Yard: Protecting Trees and Shrubs
- November 25, 2015; 3:43 PM
- Proper pruning and protection of shrubs and trees will help them survive the winter months, and will lead to healthy growth come spring.
- Winterizing a Vacant Home
- November 20, 2015; 11:56 AM
- Whether you're shoring up a shore house, battening down the hatches at your cabin, there are a few must-do steps to take that will help ensure your spring or summer return is not met with disaster.
- How to Survive a Winter Storm
- November 18, 2015; 7:25 PM
- Every winter, we encounter storms that surprise everyone with their duration and ferocity. And yet, every year people fail to take the proper steps to ensure that their family stays warm.
- How to Maintain Your Deck The Right Way
- June 04, 2015; 6:13 PM
- Whether you simply wash off mold or re-stain every two years, proper deck maintenance ensures a new-looking, durable outdoor surface that can stand up to the elements and day-to-day use.
- How to Replace a Damaged Deck Board
- June 04, 2015; 6:09 PM
- Wood decks can weather, crack and splinter. Use these steps to replace a damaged deck board.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F