- Goodbye Joaquin, Patricia and Erika: World Meteorological Organization retires 3 names from 2015 hurricane season
- April 28, 2016; 9:45 PM
- The World Meteorological Organization will retire the names Erika, Joaquin and Patricia due to their destructive nature during the 2015 season.
- 'Cold blob' to be a wild card in the 2016 Atlantic hurricane season
- April 14, 2016; 5:05 AM
- The potential movement of a ‘cold blob’ of water in the north Atlantic Ocean may be the wild card in the 2016 Atlantic hurricane season, experts say.
- Ancient shipwrecks, tree rings provide clues into Caribbean's hurricane history
- March 28, 2016; 7:13 AM
- Ancient shipwrecks, along with the history imbued in the rings of Caribbean pine trees, are providing new data for more than 300 years of the region's hurricane activity.
- Tropical Cyclone Winston is strongest ever to hit Fiji
- February 22, 2016; 9:28 AM
- Fiji took a direct hit by Tropical Cyclone Winston, the strongest tropical cyclone to strike the island nation.
- Tropical Cyclone Stan slams Western Australia
- January 30, 2016; 8:37 PM
- The northern coast of Western Australia faces flooding rain and damaging winds through Sunday morning as Tropical Cyclone Stan moves in.
- Weekly wrap-up: Several pileup crashes occur amid snow squalls in US; Alex becomes rare January hurricane in Atlantic
- January 18, 2016; 2:37 AM
- Dangerous wintry weather was blamed for several accidents on interstates in the Midwest and Northeast this week, while a rare January hurricane formed in the Atlantic.
- Alex became first January hurricane to occur in Atlantic since 1955
- January 16, 2016; 3:41 AM
- Alex became a hurricane in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on Thursday and passed near the Azores on Friday morning, before diminishing.
- Tropics spring to life: Pali forms in Pacific; Atlantic system could develop
- January 08, 2016; 9:16 PM
- A storm with some tropical characteristics will continue to track across the western Atlantic into next week. Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Pali formed in the central Pacific on Thursday.
- Year in review: Top 5 viral weather stories of 2015
- January 07, 2016; 4:58 PM
- Take a look back at what weather stories captured the nation's attention in 2015.
- Australia: Tropical low brings flooding rain to Top End, Queensland
- December 28, 2015; 5:08 AM
- An area of tropical low pressure will lead to flooding rain across northern Australia into the middle of the week.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F