- Tropics Heating Up in the Eastern Pacific
- May 24, 2015; 9:14 PM
- Several disturbances pose the threat to become the first named tropical system in the Eastern Pacific Ocean over the next week.
- Explain Hurricanes to Kids: How Do Storms Form and What Damage Can They Cause?
- May 22, 2015; 4:25 AM
- A hurricane is a large rotating storm with high speeds of wind that gust at least 74 mph that forms over warm waters in tropical areas.
- Dolphin Intensifies Into Super Typhoon After Slamming Guam
- May 15, 2015; 2:30 PM
- Dolphin intensified into a super typhoon after slamming Guam on Friday.
- Six Ways to Prepare Now for Atlantic Hurricane Season
- May 13, 2015; 7:44 AM
- The worst thing that people who live along coastlines can do is not to prepare for tropical storms and hurricanes.
- Ana to Soak North Carolina, Virginia Monday
- May 11, 2015; 8:58 AM
- Ana has weakened but will still continue to soak eastern North Carolina through Monday.
- Summerlike Warmth to Ease in Northeast by Midweek as Ana Brings Moisture
- May 11, 2015; 8:00 AM
- The combination of a cool front swinging in from the Midwest and moisture from a diminishing Ana will bring an end to the summerlike weather in the Northeast early in the new week.
- How Common are Atlantic Tropical Systems in May?
- May 09, 2015; 3:22 AM
- A tropical system could form near the Southeast coast of the United States later this week, which is several weeks ahead of the official start of the Atlantic hurricane season.
- New Interactive NWS Map to Better Explain Tropical Storm, Hurricane Threats
- May 07, 2015; 1:37 AM
- The map will depict the threat levels for the four main storm hazards: wind, storm surge, flooding rain and tornadoes.
- Tropical Atlantic May Come Alive Off US Coast Late This Week
- May 04, 2015; 7:59 AM
- Early indications suggest that the first tropical system of 2015 could spin up off the southern Atlantic Coast of the United States later this week.
- Former Tropical Cyclone Ikola to Soak Southwestern Australia
- April 09, 2015; 9:22 AM
- While no longer a powerful tropical cyclone, Ikola will still impact southwestern Australia during the second half of this week.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F