Beach & Marine
- Cold Weather Survival Guide
- February 14, 2015; 8:13 AM
- These tips can become life-savers.
- Grizzlies end Winter Slumbers Early as Temperatures Rise
- February 12, 2015; 10:30 AM
- Hibernation is ending earlier than normal for Yellowstone National Park's grizzly bears because of above-average temperatures, according to a park spokesman.
- Killer Shrimp Could Invade the Great Lakes
- February 10, 2015; 9:30 AM
- Killer shrimp, creatures that indiscriminately slay other animals without eating them, may soon join the list of invasive species living in the Great Lakes, a new study finds.
- Where to Go Camping in the Winter
- February 05, 2015; 10:06 AM
- Winter travel has more options than ski trips and beach getaways.
- Rare Red Fox Reappears in Yosemite Park
- January 31, 2015; 9:38 AM
- The elusive and rare Sierra Nevada red fox has been spotted in Yosemite National Park for the first time in nearly a century, park officials said Jan. 28.
- Freaky Shark 'Out of a Horror Movie' Caught by Fisherman
- January 24, 2015; 9:08 AM
- A bizarre, freaky-looking shark with rows of needle-sharp teeth and an eel-like body was caught by a fisherman in Australia.
- How Do Birds Survive the Winter Chill?
- January 20, 2015; 8:15 AM
- With cold weather is in full swing, many of our wildlife have made themselves scarce, waiting for warmer days to make their reappearance.
- How Geese Save Energy While Migrating
- January 17, 2015; 8:59 AM
- Every year, flocks of geese fly hundreds of miles over the Himalayas, migrating from their breeding grounds in Mongolia to southeastern Tibet or India for the winter.
- How Can I Stay Safe While Hunting Alone in the Cold?
- January 15, 2015; 11:01 AM
- What can I do to minimize the risks?
- Climate Change Taints Taste of Shellfish
- January 03, 2015; 9:53 AM
- Unless ocean acidification fueled by climate change is kept in check, shrimp aren't going to taste nearly as good as they used to, according to a new study.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F