- Hi 21° Lo 8°
- 6 = At High Risk
- The weather substantially increases the risk of catching the flu. The weather makes a case of the flu more likely to be severe and of longer duration. Plan activities accordingly.
- Hi 32° Lo 0°
- 3 = Neutral
- The weather will not significantly impact the risk of catching the flu, nor its severity or duration.
- Hi 30° Lo 14°
- 1 = Beneficial
- Weather conditions create a lowered risk of catching the flu, and will help to make a case of the flu less severe and of shorter duration.
The arrival of flu season each winter impacts schools, workplaces and families. The AccuWeather.com Flu Forecast combines the effects of the weather with relevant demographic factors to provide a scale showing the overall probability of flu transmission and the severity of flu symptoms.Respiratory Live Feed
- Four Surprising Ways to Ward Off a Cold
- January 24, 2015; 10:22 AM
- You already wash your hands often and load up on vitamin-rich foods…but there are a few more things you can do to avoid catching a cold, according to recent research.
- Six Soups to Warm You Up This Winter
- January 15, 2015; 9:55 AM
- There’s nothing better than a hot bowl of soup to warm up on a cold day.
- Six Tips To Improve Indoor Air Quality
- January 14, 2015; 2:57 PM
- Keeping the doors and windows tightly closed is a necessity as the winter months settle in.