- Hurricane Matthew USGS aerial images: Oak Island, more
- October 19, 2016; 1:24 PM
- The USGS has released hundreds of thousands of aerial photos taken after Hurricane Matthew from Florida to the Carolinas- here are examples and instructions.
- IMBY Syndrome: The damaging Pacific storm that wasn't
- October 17, 2016; 12:47 PM
- The four-day barrage of storms hitting the Pacific Northwest did a lot of damage. But if you believe AccuWeather.com readers, it never happened. I delve into why.
- Is Hurricane Nicole Bermuda's worst hurricane ever?
- October 13, 2016; 8:59 AM
- I said last night on Twitter: "Bermuda, I hope you're ready for Hurricane Nicole." What was a Cat 2 is now a Cat 4!
- Hurricane Matthew razes Southeast coast, leaves NC flooded
- October 10, 2016; 3:43 PM
- Hurricane Matthew is no more as of Sunday afternoon, but the flooding from the storm will continue as rivers rise. Here's a summary of the "greatest hits" from the storm:
- Hurricane Matthew swipes Florida; Media hyperbole
- October 07, 2016; 10:12 AM
- Hurricane Matthew is making his closest approach to the Florida Coast this morning and there is hyperbole on both ends of the media scale.
- Category 4 Hurricane Matthew grinds Bermuda, eyes US
- October 06, 2016; 11:19 AM
- Hurricane Matthew has been upgraded to a Category 4 storm and is on its way to an unprecedented bounce up the southeast U.S. coast.
- Hurricane Matthew first major US hurricane since 2005
- October 05, 2016; 2:16 PM
- Hurricane Matthew will be the closest major (Category 3-5) hurricane the U.S. East Coast since Hurricane Wilma in 2005, and a lot has changed since then.
- Hurricane Matthew set to grind up the East Coast?
- October 04, 2016; 3:29 PM
- Most forecast models are saying Hurricane Matthew will move up the East Coast. Let's take a look at the history of this extreme storm.
- Rare September Tornado Chasing in Pennsylvania
- September 19, 2016; 3:04 PM
- Two days of rare September severe thunderstorms in Pennsylvania have dropped tornadoes and funnel clouds, and I was able to chase some of them.
- Typhoons, hurricanes, cyclones, oh my!
- September 14, 2016; 4:50 PM
- There are quite a few notable low pressure systems or "cyclones" worldwide today. One of them, Typhoon Meranti, is the biggest in a while.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F