- Rare September Tornado Chasing in Pennsylvania
- September 19, 2016; 3:04 PM
- Two days of rare September severe thunderstorms in Pennsylvania have dropped tornadoes and funnel clouds, and I was able to chase some of them.
- Typhoons, hurricanes, cyclones, oh my!
- September 14, 2016; 4:50 PM
- There are quite a few notable low pressure systems or "cyclones" worldwide today. One of them, Typhoon Meranti, is the biggest in a while.
- Franniversary: My Hurricane Fran Storm Chase
- September 12, 2016; 4:52 PM
- On the evening of September 5, 1996, as Hurricane Fran approached the North Carolina coast, I embarked on my first-ever hurricane storm chase trip.
- Franniversary: 20 years after Hurricane Fran
- September 08, 2016; 2:47 PM
- Twenty years ago, Hurricane Fran roared into eastern North Carolina, and I was there -- and I've got the VHS tapes to prove it.
- Hurricane Hermine history: Florida's first since 2005
- September 03, 2016; 2:07 PM
- Until yesterday, Hurricane Wilma was the last Hurricane to strike the state of Florida, 11 years ago.
- Five years later: Remembering Hurricane Irene
- August 30, 2016; 3:34 PM
- Hurricane Irene caused over $16 billion in damage in 2011. A the 5-year anniversary, I look back on my experiences with the storm.
- Is North Carolina in for another hurricane season like 1996?
- August 22, 2016; 2:02 PM
- The Atlantic hurricane season of 1996 was a blockbuster season for southeast North Carolina. Could that repeat this season?
- Science Gadget Reviews From Scientifics.com!
- August 19, 2016; 9:51 AM
- Scientifics Direct (formerly Edmund Scientific) has a sea of scientific devices and gadgets in their store, that I could only dream of as a kid!
- Great Flood of 2016 drops 10 inches of rain in 8 states!
- August 18, 2016; 12:24 PM
- The worst flooding this week was in Louisiana, but the unnamed low-pressure system dropped 10 inches of rain in eight states.
- After the drought, Pennsylvania storm season is here
- August 17, 2016; 1:35 PM
- Here in Pennsylvania, after experiencing months with almost no rainfall and a complete lack of typical thunderstorm activity, the last 10 days have brought daily rainfall and storms.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F