- Tornado Outbreak Was Rare in Time and Location
- November 25, 2015; 3:23 PM
- We've seen November twisters before, but the tornadoes last week were huge, fast-moving, late in the day and unusually far west.
- Death Valley Flood, Big Reno Snow. Thanks El Nino!
- November 11, 2015; 12:12 PM
- El Nino is likely responsible for recent record flooding in Death Valley, California, and heavy snow yesterday in Reno, Nevada.
- 40th Anniversary of Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
- November 10, 2015; 1:30 PM
- Forty years ago, a ship known as "The Edmund Fitzgerald" sank on Lake Superior during a massive storm.
- Yemen to be Hit Again by Megh, Another Rare Cyclone
- November 08, 2015; 6:27 PM
- Astoundingly, Socatra Island is being hit with their second Category 3 hurricane in less than a week.
- Why Is the Aurora So Hard to Forecast?
- November 03, 2015; 11:53 AM
- The forecast was for the Northern Lights to appear in mid-latitudes this week, but it didn't happen. Space weather forecasting is tough!
- Cyclone Chapala Strongest Storm to Hit Yemen
- November 02, 2015; 2:23 PM
- After razing the island of Socotra, the strongest cyclone to hit Yemen still looms offshore.
- Cyclone Chapala a Rare Threat for Arabian Sea
- October 30, 2015; 12:19 PM
- Cyclone Chapala is a rare Category 4 hurricane in the Arabian Sea and could hit a country that's never been hit before.
- So-Called Planet X Is Probably a Lower Tangent Arc
- October 29, 2015; 10:30 AM
- This video, seemingly showing two suns in Florida, is sweeping the Interwebs this week. It could be a reflection, mirage or sun dog.
- Weather-Related Halloween Costumes
- October 28, 2015; 1:14 PM
- If you're a weather enthusiast and you want to dress your kid up as a weather phenomenon, these ideas may "spark" your interest!
- Cat 5 Hurricane Patricia Strongest Ever, Threatens Mexico
- October 23, 2015; 7:36 AM
- Hurricane Patricia this afternoon has a pressure of 880 mb and incredible sustained winds estimated at 200 mph! It is the strongest hurricane on record.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F