- Atlantic tropical wave may pose next threat to Caribbean, North America
- September 24, 2016; 3:19 PM
- A new tropical threat may loom for the Caribbean and North America in the not-too-distant future, while eight more weeks remain in the Atlantic hurricane season.
- Worst of central US flood risk to focus on Texas into Monday
- September 24, 2016; 3:11 PM
- The greatest danger of flooding across the central United States will unfold in western Texas, where downpours will be most persistent into Monday.
- Crisp fall air to bring first frost of season to parts of northeastern US
- September 24, 2016; 3:04 PM
- Fall air has finally arrived in the northeastern United States and may yield the first frost of the season in parts of the region this weekend.
- Typhoon Megi to slam into Taiwan and eastern China by midweek
- September 24, 2016; 3:00 PM
- Typhoon Megi will continue to strengthen before threatening lives and property across Taiwan and eastern China this week.
- Karl to usher first windstorm of season into northern UK next week
- September 24, 2016; 2:56 PM
- The first windstorm of the season could blast the northern United Kingdom around Tuesday of this coming week as Karl arrives.
- Santa Ana winds to raise wildfire threat across Southern California into Monday
- September 24, 2016; 2:34 PM
- Hot, dry and windy weather into Monday will lead to an increased risk of wildfires across Southern California.
- Weekly wrap-up: Violent Turrialba Volcano eruption sends ash plume 13,000 feet into air; Lightning kills Russian football player
- September 24, 2016; 2:14 PM
- Ash blanketed parts of Costa Rica this week after the Turrialba volcano erupted while flooding overtook parts of the mid-Atlantic and midwestern U.S.
- War on Zika: Outrage ensues after controversial spray tactic kills millions of bees
- September 24, 2016; 2:06 PM
- Millions of honeybees were killed in Dorchester County, South Carolina, as a result of a controversial aerial spray that was targeting Zika-carrying mosquitoes.
- A by-the-numbers guide to Oktoberfest: From how many liters of beer are consumed to who celebrates
- September 24, 2016; 2:00 PM
- Oktoberfest is in full swing in Munich as millions flock to the southern part of Germany for the annual event.
- Toxic algae blooms in over 40 California waterways set record for the highest count in state history
- September 24, 2016; 1:54 PM
- California’s ongoing drought has helped create a rise in the number of toxic algae blooms that are forming in the state’s lakes and waterways.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F