- Watch 'AccuWeather LIVE' Now: Hurricane Fred to Buffet Cape Verde Islands; Ignacio Passing North of Hawaii
- August 31, 2015; 11:49 AM
- Join us weekdays at noon and Thursdays at 4 p.m. EST and for enhanced breaking coverage when severe weather strikes.
- Hurricane Ignacio to Skirt Hawaii Early This Week
- August 31, 2015; 11:10 AM
- While Hurricane Ignacio is expected to pass north of Hawaii early this week, the island chain will not be able to escape all of the impacts.
- Hurricane Fred Blasts Cape Verde Islands, Not Expected to Threaten US
- August 31, 2015; 11:06 AM
- Hurricane Fred, the second hurricane of the 2015 Atlantic season, has formed off the African coast and will blast the Cape Verde Islands early this week.
- Asia Fall Forecast 2015: El Nino to Boost West Pacific Typhoons, Intensify Drought From India to Indonesia
- August 31, 2015; 11:03 AM
- Typhoons and building drought will impact more than one billion people in southeastern Asia this fall.
- Erika Unleashes Flooding Rain From Florida to Carolinas
- August 31, 2015; 11:01 AM
- The combination of Erika and a non-tropical system will drench areas from Florida to the Carolina coast through Tuesday.
- Texas Teen Dies After Contracting Brain-Eating Amoeba Linked to Warm Freshwater
- August 31, 2015; 11:00 AM
- A 14-year-old boy from Texas died Sunday after contracting a brain-eating amoeba that thrives in warm freshwater.
- Heat Wave to Kick Off September From DC to NYC
- August 31, 2015; 10:57 AM
- A push of summer heat and humidity will make its way into the Northeast this week.
- 2015 US Open Forecast: Heat and Humidity Returns to New York City For Opening Rounds
- August 31, 2015; 10:53 AM
- The 2015 US Open Tennis championships begin Aug.31 and heat and humidity will return for to the Big Apple for the tournament's first week.
- Summer's Heat Continues for Berlin, Warsaw, Madrid, Budapest, Bucharest
- August 31, 2015; 10:46 AM
- Summer heat continues across much of central and eastern Europe, but relief is on the way this week.
- Oppressive Heat Adds Stress to Physical, Mental Health of Homeless People From US to Canada This Summer
- August 31, 2015; 10:42 AM
- Hot weather this summer from the central United States into Canada has put extra stress on some of the most vulnerable residents: the homeless.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F