- John Glenn, 95, passes away 54 years after becoming first American to orbit the Earth
- December 08, 2016; 9:49 PM
- Famed astronaut John Glenn, most well-known for becoming the first American to orbit the Earth, passed away on Thursday at the age of 95.
- Deadly pileup crash occurs amid heavy lake-effect snow in central Michigan
- December 08, 2016; 5:34 PM
- Three people were killed after a pileup, involving up to 40 vehicles, snarled traffic in snowy central Michigan Thursday morning.
- Bitterly cold air to come in waves across US into next week
- December 08, 2016; 3:23 PM
- Around the middle of December, an even colder blast of air will follow this week's frigid conditions over the central and eastern U.S.
- Thunderstorms can trigger deadly asthma epidemics
- December 08, 2016; 2:57 PM
- Severe thunderstorms can devastate lives and damage property but have also been linked to increases in allergy and asthma-related health problems.
- 15 animals facing extinction due to climate change
- December 08, 2016; 2:48 PM
- Climate change is taking a toll on wildlife across the globe, especially for these species.
- Cyclone Vardah to make landfall between Chennai and Visakhapatnam on Monday
- December 08, 2016; 2:23 PM
- Cyclonic Storm Vardah remains on track to make landfall in India, between Chennai and Visakhapatnam, to start the new week.
- Disruptive snow to sweep over midwestern US this weekend
- December 08, 2016; 12:00 PM
- Disruptive snow may cause slick travel across the midwestern United States this weekend.
- Lake-effect snow to spawn whiteout in Upper Midwest, Northeast
- December 07, 2016; 4:09 PM
- Locally heavy lake-effect snow will hinder travel downwind of the Great Lakes to end the week.
- Best of 2016: Photos capture animals frolicking in the elements
- December 07, 2016; 2:30 PM
- From pandas rolling in the snow to baby elephants and dogs cooling off in pools, we've curated 2016's best photos of animals in the weather.
- Frigid air to grip midwestern, northeastern US into the weekend
- December 07, 2016; 12:02 PM
- The coldest air so far this season will continue to sweep across the central and eastern United States into the weekend.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F