- Will tropical storms Irma and Jose join Harvey in the Atlantic in the coming days?
- August 19, 2017; 9:54 AM
- Following the formation of Harvey, two additional tropical systems may form across the Atlantic Basin with one potentially impacting the US
- Tropical Depression Harvey to threaten Central America with flooding, strong winds
- August 19, 2017; 9:19 AM
- After drenching the Windward Islands, Harvey will continue to track toward Central America and may bring dangerous conditions early next week.
- Weekly wrap-up: Sierra Leone mudslides kill hundreds; At least 7 tornadoes swarm Minnesota
- August 18, 2017; 9:30 AM
- Devastating flooding and mudslides struck the west African country of Sierra Leone, while tropical activity was abundant in the Atlantic.
- 25 years after Hurricane Andrew: Are we prepared for another Category 5 storm?
- August 17, 2017; 9:37 AM
- The legacy of 1992's Hurricane Andrew, the most recent Category 5 storm to devastate the United States, serves as a stark reminder of nature's capability to destroy and forever change lives.
- Are you ready for the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season?
- August 16, 2017; 8:10 AM
- It's now the peak of hurricane season in the Atlantic basin and with that comes the threat of an active September and the possibility of activity in October and beyond.
- Uptick in Atlantic tropical systems may continue as new features bear watching
- August 14, 2017; 11:27 AM
- In the wake of Gert, a large batch of thunderstorms over the central Atlantic has potential to spawn a tropical depression and storm this week.
- Hurricane Gert to stir choppy seas along US East Coast
- August 13, 2017; 4:47 PM
- Hurricane Gert is now at Category 2 strength and will create dangerous seas and surf along the East Coast of the United States into Thursday.
- Weekly wrap-up: Franklin slams Mexico as 1st Atlantic hurricane of 2017; Seattle shatters old record with rain-free streak
- August 11, 2017; 8:11 AM
- Mexico was hit twice by the same system this week while tornadoes tore through Oklahoma and injured dozens.
- Tropical system may form along southeastern US coast to end the week
- August 10, 2017; 10:56 AM
- A batch of thunderstorms along the east coast of Florida has the potential to develop into a tropical system and unleash heavy rainfall and raise seas to end the week.
- US East Coast may experience close encounter with tropical system early next week
- August 09, 2017; 10:37 AM
- A batch of thunderstorms of interest over the central Atlantic, dubbed 99L, has the potential to develop and travel into waters near the United States next week.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F