- Puerto Rico governor urges cancellation of private company contract after massive blackout
- April 19, 2018; 10:23 AM
- Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló said Wednesday's islandwide blackout, caused by an excavator next to a power transmission line in the south part of the island, was "unacceptable."
- Puerto Rico suffers islandwide blackout 7 months after Maria's rampage
- April 18, 2018; 3:10 PM
- An island-wide outage cut power for 1.4 million in Puerto Rico Wednesday morning, the first total blackout amid the island's power grid struggles since Hurricane Maria.
- In case you missed it: Lightning strike kills Florida woman as she sought shelter; Intense winds damage Taj Mahal
- April 13, 2018; 8:00 AM
- Strong winds damaged part of the Taj Mahal this week and a woman was killed in northern Florida after being struck by lightning.
- Non-profit organizations, citizen activists mobilize in face of Puerto Rico's waste crisis
- April 12, 2018; 12:29 PM
- In the absence of long-term plans for waste management in Puerto Rico, non-profit organizations are working to mitigate the effects of the potential crisis.
- You won't hear Harvey, Irma, Maria and Nate as Atlantic hurricane names again
- April 12, 2018; 10:30 AM
- Following last hurricane season's catastrophic impacts which impacted millions, four hurricane names have officially been retired from the Atlantic tropical storm name list.
- Tropical Cyclone Keni destroys homes, inundates towns following direct hit on Fiji
- April 11, 2018; 7:26 AM
- Residents of Viti Levu and Kadavu began to clean up from Tropical Cyclone Keni late Tuesday as the powerful storm departed to the southeast.
- Strengthening Tropical Cyclone Keni to renew flood threat across Fiji
- April 09, 2018; 8:25 AM
- On the heels of deadly Tropical Cyclone Josie, Fiji will face new dangers from strengthening Tropical Cyclone Keni.
- Potential waste crisis looms in Puerto Rico following Maria as long-term solution is unclear
- April 06, 2018; 11:24 AM
- A waste crisis looms for Puerto Rico as decades of neglect were brought into light following the passage of Hurricane Maria.
- Tropical Cyclone Iris to batter Queensland coast with flooding rain, rough surf
- April 04, 2018; 7:58 AM
- Tropical Cyclone Iris sprung back to life on Monday off the coast of Queensland and will bring rounds of rain to the region this week.
- 2018 Atlantic hurricane outlook: 4 US impacts predicted amid another active season
- April 02, 2018; 7:50 AM
- After a devastating hurricane season for the United States in 2017, forecasters are predicting another active year with between 12-15 tropical storms.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F