Past Storm DORA
DORA News Stories
- Photos: Blizzard cancels flights, leaves motorists stranded in midwestern US
- January 23, 2018; 3:56 AM
- A powerful storm unleashed blizzard conditions and over a foot of travel-snarling snow across the midwestern United States to kick off the week.
- Filipinas en alerta inminente ante amenaza del volcán Mayon
- January 22, 2018; 2:46 PM
- Aumentan a nivel de alerta cuatro luego de que expulsara una gran nube de ceniza durante el fin de semana y ante la amenaza de una erupción mayor en las próximas horas o días.
- 2017 marks Earth's hottest year on record without El Niño, NASA reports
- January 22, 2018; 12:39 PM
- NASA has reported that global surface temperatures to be the second hottest on record in 2017 since record-keeping became possible in 1880.
- Germany: March-like warmth expected at midweek
- January 22, 2018; 12:17 PM
- A surge of unseasonable air will bring March-like warmth to Germany on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Photos: Heaviest snowstorm in years cuts power, delays travel in Tokyo
- January 22, 2018; 11:59 AM
- A snowstorm hit Tokyo on Monday, dropping up to 23 cm (9 inches) of snow on downtown Tokyo, the most snow that the city has seen since 2014.
- New storm to batter UK following recent wind, rain and travel disruptions
- January 22, 2018; 11:08 AM
- A recent spell of wintry weather has caused travel chaos across parts of the United Kingdom, and more disruption is expected in the coming days.
- Winter's harsh cold may not return to eastern, central US until early February
- January 22, 2018; 11:06 AM
- While winter's deep freeze is taking a break across the United States, there is a chance the brutally cold conditions experienced during early January may return in the weeks ahead.
- Mount Mayon eruption to endanger more than 200,000 in the Philippines
- January 22, 2018; 10:29 AM
- A new eruption of Mount Mayon on Monday raised the situation to Alert Level 4, meaning a hazardous eruption is imminent.
- United Kingdom follows US, Canada and others in banning harmful plastic microbeads
- January 22, 2018; 8:59 AM
- Microbeads will soon disappear from face scrubs, toothpaste and other personal care products in the United Kingdom thanks to a landmark ban by the government.
East Pacific Basin
- Stormy pattern to persist across Pacific Northwest, Northern California this week
- January 22, 2018; 6:35 AM
- The next Pacific storm will spread rain and mountain snow from Washington to Northern California by the middle of the week.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F