- Weekly wrap-up: Worst flooding in 45 years overtakes Elkhart, Indiana; Violent Mt. Sinabung eruption blows off top of volcano
- February 23, 2018; 8:23 AM
- Heavy rain left communities in the central U.S. under water, while Mt. Sinabung erupted and spewed ash more than 100 miles away.
- Gita leaves damage behind after pummeling New Zealand with damaging winds, flooding
- February 21, 2018; 8:01 AM
- After leaving destruction from Samoa to Tonga, Gita brought more damage as it hit New Zealand on Tuesday.
- Following chaotic Hurricane Irma exodus, Florida plans to improve evacuation routes, gas supply
- February 19, 2018; 9:36 AM
- Florida's Gov. Rick Scott announced he will be directing the state transportation agency to implement fixes to improve the state's hurricane evacuation routes, as well as improving fuel supplies.
- Gita to blast New Zealand with damaging winds, flooding rain
- February 19, 2018; 9:12 AM
- The northern South Island will bear the brunt of Gita as it slams across New Zealand with heavy rain and strong winds through Tuesday night.
- Weekly wrap-up: Fierce winds interrupt Olympic events in PyeongChang; Cyclone destroys Tonga's Parliament House
- February 16, 2018; 9:16 AM
- Amid the brutal cold in PyeongChang, strong winds postponed events and forced spectators to evacuate while Tropical Cyclone Gita tore across Samoa, American Samoa and Tonga.
- Tropical Cyclone Gita leaves trail of destruction from American Samoa to Tonga
- February 14, 2018; 12:26 PM
- Powerful Cyclone Gita caused widespread damage to parts of Samoa and American Samoa last week before targeting Tonga Monday night into Tuesday.
- Tropical depression to unleash heavy rain, mudslides on Philippines into Wednesday
- February 12, 2018; 8:08 AM
- A tropical depression will threaten the Philippines with flooding rain and locally damaging winds into Wednesday.
- Weather vs. climate: What's the difference between the two terms?
- January 17, 2018; 1:38 PM
- The terms weather and climate are used together so much in the media that they may sometimes get confused. However, the terms are not the same.
- Western Australia remains at risk for flooding, travel delays from Joyce
- January 13, 2018; 10:40 AM
- While Joyce has made landfall and will weaken, the threat for flooding and travel delays will persist across Western Australia into Monday.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F