- Tropical disturbance to bring uptick in downpours to Florida, Bahamas early this week
- August 20, 2017; 10:31 AM
- A tropical disturbance will sweep across Florida and the Bahamas with enhanced downpours and rough surf into the middle of the week.
- Harvey to threaten Central America with flooding, rough surf
- August 20, 2017; 8:31 AM
- Harvey showed signs of regeneration on Sunday and may become a tropical depression or storm at any time into Tuesday morning.
- Will two new tropical systems join Harvey in the Atlantic in the coming days?
- August 19, 2017; 9:54 AM
- In addition to Harvey, two additional tropical features are being monitored in the Atlantic basin but rapid development is unlikely at this time.
- Weekly wrap-up: Sierra Leone mudslides kill hundreds; At least 7 tornadoes swarm Minnesota
- August 18, 2017; 9:30 AM
- Devastating flooding and mudslides struck the west African country of Sierra Leone, while tropical activity was abundant in the Atlantic.
- 25 years after Hurricane Andrew: Are we prepared for another Category 5 storm?
- August 17, 2017; 9:37 AM
- The legacy of 1992's Hurricane Andrew, the most recent Category 5 storm to devastate the United States, serves as a stark reminder of nature's capability to destroy and forever change lives.
- Are you ready for the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season?
- August 16, 2017; 8:10 AM
- It's now the peak of hurricane season in the Atlantic basin and with that comes the threat of an active September and the possibility of activity in October and beyond.
- Uptick in Atlantic tropical systems may continue as new features bear watching
- August 14, 2017; 11:27 AM
- In the wake of Gert, a large batch of thunderstorms over the central Atlantic has potential to spawn a tropical depression and storm this week.
- Hurricane Gert to stir choppy seas along US East Coast
- August 13, 2017; 4:47 PM
- Hurricane Gert is now at Category 2 strength and will create dangerous seas and surf along the East Coast of the United States into Thursday.
- Weekly wrap-up: Franklin slams Mexico as 1st Atlantic hurricane of 2017; Seattle shatters old record with rain-free streak
- August 11, 2017; 8:11 AM
- Mexico was hit twice by the same system this week while tornadoes tore through Oklahoma and injured dozens.
- Tropical system may form along southeastern US coast to end the week
- August 10, 2017; 10:56 AM
- A batch of thunderstorms along the east coast of Florida has the potential to develop into a tropical system and unleash heavy rainfall and raise seas to end the week.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F