- Voter turnout may suffer on Sunday as Typhoon Lan threatens Japan with flooding rain, mudslides
- October 20, 2017; 12:20 PM
- The dangers to lives and property will already be mounting across Japan on Sunday's Election Day prior to Typhoon Lan slamming onshore at night.
- Weekly wrap-up: Puerto Rico still in the dark 1 month after Maria; Deadly wildfires char Spain, Portugal
- October 20, 2017; 11:50 AM
- Deadly wildfires ravaged Spain and Portugal this week while a potent storm in the Pacific Northwest caused damage near Seattle.
- Super Typhoon Lan to approach Japan this weekend
- October 19, 2017; 1:13 PM
- Super Typhoon Lan will threaten Japan with heavy rainfall and damaging winds into early next week.
- How is the intensity of hurricane season measured?
- October 19, 2017; 8:12 AM
- Accumulated cyclone energy, or ACE, measures the strength of hurricanes and tropical storms over their duration, allowing meteorologists to compare different storms and seasons.
- Photos: Red sky wows the UK in the midst of Ophelia
- October 17, 2017; 9:13 AM
- A stunning, red-tinted sky sent social media abuzz in the United Kingdom on Monday as former Hurricane Ophelia impacted the region.
- Bermuda to face downpours, rough surf as new tropical system attempts to develop
- October 16, 2017; 1:06 PM
- Regardless of whether the Atlantic Basin's next tropical depression forms by midweek, downpours will stream from the northern Caribbean to Bermuda through Tuesday.
- Reports: Ophelia kills 3, cuts power to 330,000 in Ireland
- October 16, 2017; 12:12 PM
- Despite no longer being a hurricane, Ophelia turned deadly and continues to batter Ireland and the United Kingdom with destructive winds and dangerous seas.
- 5 potentially dangerous hurricane preparation myths debunked
- October 16, 2017; 8:36 AM
- Misconceptions circulating during hurricane season are nothing new. Here are five common beliefs surrounding hurricane preparations that have proven to be false.
- Ophelia to slam Ireland and UK with destructive winds, dangerous seas into Tuesday
- October 16, 2017; 8:08 AM
- Ophelia will unleash destructive winds across Ireland and parts of the United Kingdom into Tuesday.
- AccuWeather adopts remote village in Puerto Rico, set to deliver life-saving aid to victims hit by hurricanes
- October 15, 2017; 12:16 PM
- AccuWeather adopts the town of Patillas as a focus for AccuWeather's "Rays of Hope" community service initiative.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F