Marine Weather Forecasts Now Available from AccuWeather
- November 21, 2013; 4:29 AM
AccuWeather acquires Bluefin Engineering apps and website to provide superior marine weather forecasts for users who love boating activities
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - November 21, 2013 - AccuWeather, a leading global digital media company, today announced that marine weather forecasts are now available online and within a suite of mobile apps. For the first time, AccuWeather will provide mariners and other water hobbyists with important marine-related weather information useful for activities such as boating, fishing, sailing, and surfing.
Marine Weather™ by AccuWeather provides users with superior weather information pertinent for water activities including buoy data, tide information, water currents, radar, wind speed and direction, dew point, air temperature, barometric pressure, weather maps, radar, sun and moon rise and set times, moon phase and transit, and sea surface temperatures. Marine Weather™ by AccuWeather is currently available in the Apple App Store and Google Play markets. It is also available as a Web application.
"Our acquisition of the Bluefin technology and products, along with our recent acquisition of SkyMotion and their minute by minute forecasting technology, is an example of our continuous dedication to providing the most valuable and useful weather forecasts and information to help improve the lives of people everywhere," said Barry Lee Myers, AccuWeather Chief Executive Officer.
"Fisherman, sailors, surfers, and water activity fans of all kinds will appreciate our real-time, accurate, marine weather forecasts," said Jim Candor, AccuWeather Chief Strategy Officer. "They can use our specialized forecasts to check for specific conditions that might impede - or even endanger - their leisure time on the water and at the shore."
The AccuWeather marine weather forecasts are available for the United States, Europe, and Australia. Expansion to the Asia market is being explored with AccuWeather partners located there. For the United States, Marine Weather™ by AccuWeather includes all coastal regions, including the Great Lakes, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
"I'm excited that the Bluefin apps and website are joining the AccuWeather family. AccuWeather's brand recognition and loyal following will help users all over the globe make use of the marine weather forecasts," said Randy Findley, President and CTO of Bluefin Engineering. AccuWeather offers hundreds of different forecast types that help people make their daily and future decisions. These forecasts range from the new MinuteCast™ Minute by Minute™ forecast and the 45-day extended forecast to lifestyle weather forecasts for specific health concerns or outdoor activities, such as the Cold & Flu and Lawn & Gardening forecasts.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com Every day over a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts with superior accuracy™ for nearly 3 million locations worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile internet sites, connected TVs and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 72,000 third-party websites.
Visit www.accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather taps former Time Inc. Executive to lead rapidly growing multiplatform global sales organization
- August 14, 2017; 12:51 PM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information, digital media and big data, today announced that Eric Danetz, former Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Inc., has joined its Senior Executive Team as Global Chief Revenue Officer. Danetz will oversee all aspects of AccuWeather’s revenue-generating products and services, and unify the sales structure internally for all AccuWeather business units, including digital and traditional media as well as AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions’ business-to-business services. Danetz joins other significant recent additions including Senior Vice President of Sales Bill McGarry, former Chief Revenue Officer at The Daily Beast, and Advertising Sales Director Deirdre Daly-Markowski, former Executive Director of Digital at Hearst.
- AccuWeather Introduces Plain Language AI Weather Bot for Facebook Messenger
- July 18, 2017; 9:41 AM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has announced the launch of AccuWeather for Facebook Messenger. The AI-powered weather assistant handles plain-language questions from users and provides easy weather answers and localized forecasts with Superior Accuracy.
- AccuWeather Partners with Comprendi to Bring Targeted Contextual Advertising to Social Media Users
- June 28, 2017; 12:51 PM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has announced the launch of a new partnership with Comprendi, an award-winning leader in contextual social advertising delivering real-time ad personalization based on social chatter, sports news, financial market information, and weather forecasts with Superior Accuracy. AccuWeather will provide access to over 40 proprietary weather data and algorithms including Real Feel Temperature and Allergy, Migraine, Driving, and Lawn & Garden forecasts which can be used by advertisers to reach audiences in the locations and at the times weather conditions and other factors are relevant for possible purchase decisions and interests. These unique algorithms remove the requirement to geo-target to specific locations. This targeting delivers ads only to locations that are being affected by these proprietary weather factors.
- Developers Get Instant, Easy Access to AccuWeather's Industry-Leading Weather APIs Through New Developer Portal
- June 20, 2017; 10:14 AM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the worldwide launch of the new AccuWeather API Developer Portal, providing turnkey package options to accelerate developers' access to the most accurate, detailed global weather forecasts and warnings available exclusively from AccuWeather.
- AccuWeather Appoints Bill McGarry to Lead AccuWeather Advertising Sales
- June 16, 2017; 9:14 AM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has announced the appointment of Bill McGarry as Vice President of Sales.
- AccuWeather Provides Critical New Summer Preparedness Information During National Safety Month
- June 01, 2017; 7:57 AM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, continues to strengthen its mission of saving lives, protecting property, and helping people prosper through AccuWeather Ready – the year-round weather preparedness program that focuses on keeping people informed and safe. Raising educational awareness during National Safety Month, new AccuWeather Ready safety information is now available at www.AccuWeather.com/Ready to prepare for intense heat, lightning, beach hazards, and flooding prior to Summer travel, events, and activities.
- AccuWeather Named Best Weather App for Android, Recognized with 2017 APPY Award
- May 30, 2017; 10:15 AM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced additional app leadership recognition, honored with the 2017 APPY Award in Mobile Weather Apps for the AccuWeather Android app.
- AccuWeather Expands Global Reach with Android TV App Launch
- May 25, 2017; 6:57 AM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of the new AccuWeather app for Android TV. The highly customizable app delivers a unique, interactive weather experience to Android TV viewers and further expands AccuWeather’s cross-platform reach, as users rely on AccuWeather’s Superior Accuracy(TM) across devices and locations worldwide.
- AccuWeather Launches AccuWeather D3 Express at Microsoft Build 2017
- May 10, 2017; 12:27 PM
- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of AccuWeather D3 Express, powered by Microsoft Azure, at the Microsoft Build Developer Conference held May 10-12 in Seattle, WA.
- Swirl and AccuWeather Partnership Brings Real-Time Weather Targeting to Indoor Mobile Location Marketing for the First Time
- May 10, 2017; 6:26 AM
- Swirl Networks, Inc., the leading Mobile Presence Marketing platform provider and AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced a groundbreaking partnership that brings the most advanced, real-time weather targeting capabilities to indoor mobile location marketing. Retail marketers using the Swirl platform can now access AccuWeather's comprehensive data sets, providing the most accurate, actionable weather data available worldwide, to tailor and trigger in-store mobile experiences based on a shopper’s local weather conditions. With this new integration, Swirl becomes the first and only mobile marketing platform to offer targeting based on both weather and indoor location