The Local AccuWeather Channel Continues to Add New Affiliates
- January 08, 2007; 8:05 AM
Growth Fueled by Benefits from a Fully Automated, Revenue Generating Digital Local Weather Channel
(State College, PA - January 8, 2007) - AccuWeather, Inc. announced today the addition of several new Local AccuWeather Affiliates. Within the past few months several affiliates from both large and small markets have jumped on the LAWC bandwagon, among them station WHIO-TV in Dayton, OH, WMTV-TV in Madison, WI, WIFR-TV in Rockford, IL, WFTS-TV in Tampa, FL, KNXV-TV in Phoenix, WILX-TV in Lansing, MI, WSAW-TV in Wausau, WI, and KXTV-TV in Sacramento.
At the heart of the channel are automated, around-the-clock loops of customized weather information designed by AccuWeather's team of weather graphics experts. Included are national and local forecasts, plus travel, sports, and lifestyle segments. Special severe weather coverage appears automatically as needed.
WHIO-TV has branded their digital channel, 7 Weather Now. Chief Meteorologist, Jamie Simpson of WHIO-TV and WHIO-DT states "The Local AccuWeather Channel provides our station with the most accurate, up-to-date, and local forecasts, radar and current conditions." Harry Delaney, Vice President & General Manager of WHIO-TV adds, "AccuWeather gives us an entirely new platform for our strong StormCenter 7 weather brand. With its flexibility and 24/7 reach, it puts us in the unique position to own weather in this market."
The Local AccuWeather Channel builds advertising revenue with local avails in both the L-bar and video zones. Stations across the country in all market sizes are reaping the benefits and profits from operating a 24/7 turnkey weather station on their digital tier.
The high-quality graphics and full-motion video of the Local AccuWeather Channel have conservative bandwidth requirements that support a multicasting strategy. In addition, because the Local AccuWeather Channel is totally flexible and customizable to a station's look and market, the local station may choose to add live or recorded segments by its own news, weather, and sports talent or from local live cameras. The Local AccuWeather Channel can even simulcast the stations' regular programming.
The Local AccuWeather Channel may be used as a totally turnkey system, featuring graphics only, or with video segments by AccuWeather's nationally known weather talent. The channel has successfully launched in numerous markets across the country, including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, and is available for immediate delivery in new markets.
AccuWeather, The World's Weather Authority™, presents accurate, localized, branded forecasts and severe weather bulletins to over 106 million Americans each day via the Internet, mobile devices and IPTV, through the airwaves, and in print. The 113 meteorologists at AccuWeather deliver a portfolio of customized products and services to media, business, government, and institutions, and inform millions of visitors worldwide through the free AccuWeather.com website. AccuWeather also provides content onto more than 20,000 third-party Internet sites, including CNN Interactive, ABC's owned and operated stations, The Washington Post and The New York Times. Visit www.accuweather.com for more information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Winter Weather with Critical Safety Information for the Season's Risks
- November 01, 2018; 3:42 PM
- AccuWeather's exclusive cross-platform program provides critical weather information, news, videos, alerts, tools, and more to help users stay informed, prepared and safe in winter conditions.
- AccuWeather Partners with FinTech Sandbox to Foster Innovation in Financial Technology and Services
- October 30, 2018; 8:25 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing weather media and business company in the world, today announced a partnership with FinTech Sandbox, a nonprofit organization that promotes innovation in the financial sector. The collaboration will enable entrepreneurial financial technology firms to access AccuWeather’s superior real-time and historical weather data for a wide range of exciting, transformative and unique ventures.
- AccuWeather Teams with Ströer to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to Germany
- October 24, 2018; 7:00 AM
- AccuWeather and Germany’s digital sales house partner in order to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for advertisers in Germany.
- AccuWeather Founder and President Dr. Joel Myers Denounces "Inaccurate Information" About Hurricane Florence
- September 19, 2018; 3:15 PM
- "Seeing others comment that Florence will rank among the costliest U.S. hurricanes of all time is flat-out wrong. While it was, in fact, a catastrophic storm for parts of the Carolinas as we predicted it would be, it is important to put Florence's cost and impact into historical context," said Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather. "As an expert on severe weather and its economic, financial and human costs, and adjusting for inflation, I would not put Florence in a list of the top 10 nor even the top 25 costliest hurricanes to ever hit the U.S."
- AccuWeather Ready Program Offers Prep & Recovery Information Online as Hurricane Florence Nears East Coast
- September 11, 2018; 10:00 AM
- Predicted to reach the United States late this week, Hurricane Florence has the potential to join the ranks of the costliest natural disasters in the history of the United States. AccuWeather seeks to help users get ‘AccuWeather Ready' with exclusive weather preparedness information.
- AccuWeather Integrates Foursquare into Latest Update of its Leading Weather App
- August 29, 2018; 9:31 AM
- Users of AccuWeather’s award-winning iOS and Android apps will be able to take advantage of contextually relevant locations and offers based on the weather where they are.
- Statement RE: Today's Miscoded Hurricane Test Warning
- August 10, 2018; 1:48 PM
- This afternoon at 12:37 p.m. EDT AccuWeather passed on a hurricane warning for the southeastern U.S. that was intended to be an internal government test, but the government’s computer coding did not so indicate it was a test and it was inadvertently distributed externally by AccuWeather’s computer system when AccuWeather received the warning. The internal test was redistributed not only by AccuWeather on its AccuWeather app and AccuWeather.com website, but by other weather providers that also pass on government warnings. There is no hurricane warning in effect for the southeastern U.S.
- AccuWeather Ready Program Shares Tropical Storm, Hurricane Prep & Recovery Information Online and Via Live Events in August
- August 01, 2018; 10:30 AM
- As the Atlantic tropical storm season approaches its peak, AccuWeather helps users get ‘AccuWeather Ready’ with exclusive weather preparedness information and weekly live segments on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in addition to news, videos, alerts, and other resources.
- AccuWeather Debuts as Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway, as Two World-Renowned Pennsylvania Brands Partner
- July 27, 2018; 8:42 AM
- AccuWeather is off to a fast start as the presenting partner of Pocono Raceway’s “Worry-Free Weather Guarantee,” and will provide real-time weather updates to keep fans and Raceway personnel safe during its Gander Outdoors 400 race weekend from July 27-29. AccuWeather is now the “Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway.”
- Avoid Future Tragedies Like Branson by Planning Ahead for Severe Weather Risks
- July 25, 2018; 8:46 AM
- What happened in Branson, is a heartbreaking example of what can go wrong – and how quickly it can go wrong – when severe weather strikes. Companies must have a predetermined and coordinated weather-related safety action plan and a trusted partner to help them know when to enact it.