AccuWeather Enhances Global Leadership Team with Appointment of Former Tyco International Executive as General Counsel
- November 16, 2017; 2:23 PM
Marc Lemberg's extensive experience and expertise in international technology business furthers AccuWeather's growth as a diversified global media and data analytics platform.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - November 16, 2017 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that attorney Marc Lemberg has joined its leadership team as General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer. Lemberg is former Vice President and Associate General Counsel and Vice President, Strategy and Mergers and Acquisitions, for Tyco International.
Lemberg will advise the executive team on all legal matters affecting the company. Having spent his career in technology businesses in both legal and business leadership roles, Lemberg brings to AccuWeather a unique, dual perspective as a leader of global law teams as well as a profit-and-loss leader in dynamic and challenging growth environments.
"Marc has an impressive track record in his former roles, including his most recent position at the multibillion dollar fire and security company Tyco," said Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President and Chairman of AccuWeather. "Marc's proven expertise in handling the wide range of complex legal issues faced by global companies will make him a critical addition to our leadership team as we continue to expand globally."
At Tyco International - a global leader in smart building systems, B2B and B2C subscriber services, industrial infrastructure and retail analytics through its global brands such as ADT, SIMPLEX, ANSUL, SENSORMATIC and SHOPPERTRAK - Lemberg was a divisional General Counsel; enterprise law leader in intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, and labor/employment law; and an operating leader as Vice President of Strategy and Marketing.
Lemberg joins other significant recent additions to the AccuWeather leadership team, including Chief Revenue Officer Eric Danetz, former Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Inc.; Senior Vice President of Sales Bill McGarry, former Chief Revenue Officer at The Daily Beast; and Advertising Sales Director Deirdre Daly-Markowski, former Executive Director of Digital at Hearst.
"Weather affects every person in the world," said Marc Lemberg, General Counsel. "What attracted me to AccuWeather is its ability to use industry-leading science and advanced data analytics to deliver a product that helps billions of consumers and enterprises solve real problems every day - all on platforms that are incredibly simple to use. It is a fantastic team, rooted in science, with an incredible growth story behind it and a big runway in front."
Lemberg previously held legal and regulatory leadership positions in the U.S. and Europe in the telecom and IT industries with Avaya and its predecessor, Lucent Technologies / Bell Labs-global leaders in the development, manufacture, sale and delivery of communications solutions and systems integration for enterprise networks, public networks and contact centers. He began his career as a lawyer with Morgan Lewis, where he focused on technology mergers and acquisitions, venture-stage companies and SEC matters.
Lemberg holds an A.B. from Princeton University and a J.D. from New York University School of Law. He is a member of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Festival Orchestra.
AccuWeather delivers weather forecasts and warnings with well-documented Superior Accuracy™. In the most comprehensive study ever undertaken of forecast accuracy, an independent analysis of over 30 million forecasts by industry tracker ForecastWatch concluded that AccuWeather had the highest level of accuracy in all three categories it verified, temperature, precipitation and wind. By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies plan more effectively in all weather conditions.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Wins 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App
- July 02, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, won the 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App for its popular Android app. The APPY Awards are presented by MediaPost Communications. This win marks the second consecutive year that AccuWeather has earned this prestigious distinction.
- GotSoccer.com Scores Deal with AccuWeather to Deliver Most Accurate Weather Forecasts for U.S. Recreational Soccer
- June 27, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of detailed weather forecasts and warnings, and GotSoccer.com are teaming up to provide U.S. Youth Soccer members and their families with easily accessible schedule and forecasting information.
- Comprehensive, Multi-Year Study Reconfirms AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy in Forecasting Wind, Precipitation and Temperatures Worldwide
- June 07, 2018; 3:33 PM
- In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was once again overwhelmingly confirmed as the world’s most accurate source of weather forecasts in the categories of wind, precipitation and high-temperature forecasts.
- AccuWeather Ready Program Advocates Summer Safety with New Preparedness Information and Weekly Facebook Live Events
- May 22, 2018; 2:30 PM
- As temperatures rise and people spend more time outdoors, the world’s largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you to be AccuWeather Ready for summer weather conditions. Throughout the season, AccuWeather, renowned for its well-documented record of Superior Accuracy, is providing life-saving safety information that can help people prepare for summer’s weather risks.
- AccuWeather Recognized Among Top 100 Organizations for 2017
- May 21, 2018; 1:23 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, was selected by Pennsylvania Business Central magazine as one of the Top 100 Organizations for 2017. Winners were selected by an editorial roundtable based on their success, growth, and positive impact in the business community of Central Pennsylvania.
- Tornado Season Is Here; AccuWeather Ready Provides Critical Safety Information, Facebook Live Event with Storm Chaser Reed Timmer
- March 27, 2018; 3:00 PM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for severe weather events this spring, including tornadoes. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more severe-weather events.
- Forecast Accuracy Keeps People Safe in a Storm, Just Another Day at AccuWeather
- March 24, 2018; 9:12 AM
- The forecasting floor at the global headquarters of world weather leader AccuWeather hummed with coordinated activity as the first day of spring approached. Days, weeks and, yes, even months before a set of four back-to-back March storms pummeled the northeastern U.S. with snow, a team of the most talented expert operational meteorologists in the world warned that a snowier-than-average March loomed. The last days of March 2018 marked the third consecutive winter when the superior accuracy of AccuWeather’s long-range winter forecast, issued as early as September, was once again proved correct.
- Savoy Names AccuWeather Global CMO and GM, AccuWeather Network John Dokes Among 2018 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America
- March 22, 2018; 12:58 PM
- John Dokes, Global Chief Marketing Officer of AccuWeather and General Manager of the AccuWeather Network, has been selected for Savoy magazine’s annual, prestigious list of the Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America 2018.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Spring Weather Risks with New Resources, Weekly Facebook Live Events
- March 20, 2018; 10:38 AM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for spring weather conditions. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more.
- Mike Smith, AccuWeather Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, Announces March 31 Retirement
- March 19, 2018; 12:23 PM
- AccuWeather, known for its Superior Accuracy and the world’s fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings, and a global leader in digital media, today announced that Mike Smith, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, will retire on March 31.