AccuWeather Enhances Global Leadership Team with Appointment of Former Tyco International Executive as General Counsel
- November 16, 2017; 2:23 PM
Marc Lemberg's extensive experience and expertise in international technology business furthers AccuWeather's growth as a diversified global media and data analytics platform.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - November 16, 2017 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that attorney Marc Lemberg has joined its leadership team as General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer. Lemberg is former Vice President and Associate General Counsel and Vice President, Strategy and Mergers and Acquisitions, for Tyco International.
Lemberg will advise the executive team on all legal matters affecting the company. Having spent his career in technology businesses in both legal and business leadership roles, Lemberg brings to AccuWeather a unique, dual perspective as a leader of global law teams as well as a profit-and-loss leader in dynamic and challenging growth environments.
"Marc has an impressive track record in his former roles, including his most recent position at the multibillion dollar fire and security company Tyco," said Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President and Chairman of AccuWeather. "Marc's proven expertise in handling the wide range of complex legal issues faced by global companies will make him a critical addition to our leadership team as we continue to expand globally."
At Tyco International - a global leader in smart building systems, B2B and B2C subscriber services, industrial infrastructure and retail analytics through its global brands such as ADT, SIMPLEX, ANSUL, SENSORMATIC and SHOPPERTRAK - Lemberg was a divisional General Counsel; enterprise law leader in intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, and labor/employment law; and an operating leader as Vice President of Strategy and Marketing.
Lemberg joins other significant recent additions to the AccuWeather leadership team, including Chief Revenue Officer Eric Danetz, former Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Inc.; Senior Vice President of Sales Bill McGarry, former Chief Revenue Officer at The Daily Beast; and Advertising Sales Director Deirdre Daly-Markowski, former Executive Director of Digital at Hearst.
"Weather affects every person in the world," said Marc Lemberg, General Counsel. "What attracted me to AccuWeather is its ability to use industry-leading science and advanced data analytics to deliver a product that helps billions of consumers and enterprises solve real problems every day - all on platforms that are incredibly simple to use. It is a fantastic team, rooted in science, with an incredible growth story behind it and a big runway in front."
Lemberg previously held legal and regulatory leadership positions in the U.S. and Europe in the telecom and IT industries with Avaya and its predecessor, Lucent Technologies / Bell Labs-global leaders in the development, manufacture, sale and delivery of communications solutions and systems integration for enterprise networks, public networks and contact centers. He began his career as a lawyer with Morgan Lewis, where he focused on technology mergers and acquisitions, venture-stage companies and SEC matters.
Lemberg holds an A.B. from Princeton University and a J.D. from New York University School of Law. He is a member of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Festival Orchestra.
AccuWeather delivers weather forecasts and warnings with well-documented Superior Accuracy™. In the most comprehensive study ever undertaken of forecast accuracy, an independent analysis of over 30 million forecasts by industry tracker ForecastWatch concluded that AccuWeather had the highest level of accuracy in all three categories it verified, temperature, precipitation and wind. By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies plan more effectively in all weather conditions.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Partners with Influent Media to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to U.K. and Ireland
- January 17, 2018; 9:53 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has appointed Influent Media as its digital advertising sales partner in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- AccuWeather Correctly Predicts Costliest Year for Weather Events
- January 12, 2018; 4:57 PM
- To cap off an exceptional year in which its reputation for Superior Accuracy™ was confirmed again and again, AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings, most precisely forecasted the economic toll of weather disasters in 2017 and correctly predicted 2017 would be one of the costliest years for weather events on record.
- AccuWeather Introduces App for the Google Assistant
- January 11, 2018; 1:01 PM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in weather-related big data and analytics, today announced the launch of AccuWeather for the Google Assistant, a new app that makes it easy to access weather forecasts with Superior Accuracy using natural language commands.
- AccuWeather Team Becomes First Commercial Forecasting Group to Receive AMS Award for Exceptional Prediction that Saved Lives, Kept People Out of Harm's Way
- January 10, 2018; 3:10 PM
- AccuWeather today announced that several staff meteorologists will receive the Award for an Exceptional Specific Prediction from the American Society for Meteorology (AMS) at the group's 98th annual meeting, January 7 - 11, 2018, in Austin, Texas. The presentation will mark the first time the Award for an Exceptional Specific Prediction has been given to a commercial weather service.
- Introducing AccuWeather Go on Garmin Automotive Platform
- January 09, 2018; 9:33 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced AccuWeather Go will be demonstrated by Garmin in its new scalable infotainment platform for Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) at CES 2018 in Las Vegas. This joint effort is the first public demonstration of the revolutionary AccuWeather Go, with patented MinuteCast, and Garmin routing algorithms to deliver minute-by-minute weather conditions for any road trip.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Best in Show and Gold Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- January 04, 2018; 2:27 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has recognized AccuWeather with 2017 W3 digital awards – a Best in Show award for the AccuWeather iOS app and a Gold award for the AccuWeather Android app. This is the fourth time AccuWeather’s apps have been recognized with W3 awards for providing a superior app experience.
- Dr. Joel N. Myers, AccuWeather Founder, Receives Prestigious American Meteorological Society (AMS) Honor for a Lifetime of "Getting it Right"
- January 04, 2018; 2:16 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, will be recognized by the American Meteorological Society (AMS) at the group's 98th annual meeting, held January 7 to 11, 2018, in Austin, Texas.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus and Other Investments to Cap a Year of Strong Financial Performance, Superior Accuracy
- December 26, 2017; 3:02 PM
- AccuWeather, the world’s fastest-growing provider of forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it is pleased to be providing special year-end bonuses to all employees. AccuWeather said the bonuses are possible due to the company’s robust financial performance in 2017 and strong confidence in the growing U.S. and global economy now that the Tax Bill has passed.
- AccuWeather's Forecasts of Holiday Sales Exceed National Retail Federation Projections by $4 Billion
- December 06, 2017; 4:03 PM
- AccuWeather, the world'S largest, fastest-growing and most trusted source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in weather-related big data and analytics, today announced a 2017 holiday sales forecast that exceeds National Retail Federation (NRF) estimates by as much as $4 billion. Nearly $2 billion of AccuWeather's projected increase is directly attributable to AccuWeather forecasts of weather conditions that other retail sales forecasts may not be taking into account.
- AccuWeather Helps Brands Get Ahead of the Flu with Application of Virginia Tech's EpiCaster Outbreak Projections
- November 28, 2017; 1:12 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced an agreement with the Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech.