Winter Is Coming -- Make Sure You Are "AccuWeather Ready" with Critical Safety Information
- November 17, 2017; 11:46 AM
AccuWeather's exclusive cross-platform program provides critical weather information, news, videos, alerts, tools, and more to help you stay informed, prepared and safe in winter conditions.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center -- November 17, 2017 -- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings wants you to get "AccuWeather Read" for winter by visiting AccuWeather.com/ready.
By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies plan more effectively in all weather conditions. The AccuWeather Ready initiative takes this commitment even further by providing weather preparedness updates and tools when they matter the most, personalizing the weather so people can improve their lives. As temperatures drop, visit AccuWeather Ready to prepare for what the season has in store.
The AccuWeather Ready program includes educational weather news and videos, actionable safety tips and resources, personalized weather preparedness plans, detailed checklists, severe weather push notifications in the AccuWeather app on iOS and Android, and more.
"Winter is just around the corner, already snow is flying, ice is glazing highways and bitter arctic winds will soon set in," said Evan Myers, AccuWeather's Chief Operating Officer and Senior Meteorologist. "AccuWeather Ready combines the accuracy of our pinpoint, accurate forecasts with the tools needed to get prepared and stay prepared for winter's worst. It all comes wrapped neatly together on AccuWeather.com/ready, I urge families and individuals to go to it and use it often."
Winter-related information available on the AccuWeather Ready site includes:
- The items you need in your winter storm survival kit
- How to prepare your vehicle for winter's worst conditions
- Keeping pets safe and healthy in winter weather
- Holiday safety recommendations
- Winter travel tips for drivers and passengers
- Tips for braving the cold
- Why exercising in cold weather is beneficial for your health
- And more.
The AccuWeather Ready program demonstrates AccuWeather's continued leadership and commitment as a U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador. AccuWeather was named one of NOAA's first Ambassadors in the weather enterprise initiative, launched in 2014 to recognize organizations committed to helping the nation be better prepared for, respond to, and recover from weather-related disasters. AccuWeather and NOAA have partnered for many years. The company has supported NOAA and National Weather Service (NWS) budgets in testimony and presentations before the United States Congress and with the Office of Management and Budget, as well as other federal agencies. AccuWeather has been a longtime cooperation partner with NOAA.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute(tm) forecasts with Superior Accuracy(tm) with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers -- a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs -- AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Correctly Predicts Costliest Year for Weather Events
- January 12, 2018; 4:57 PM
- To cap off an exceptional year in which its reputation for Superior Accuracy™ was confirmed again and again, AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings, most precisely forecasted the economic toll of weather disasters in 2017 and correctly predicted 2017 would be one of the costliest years for weather events on record.
- AccuWeather Introduces App for the Google Assistant
- January 11, 2018; 1:01 PM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in weather-related big data and analytics, today announced the launch of AccuWeather for the Google Assistant, a new app that makes it easy to access weather forecasts with Superior Accuracy using natural language commands.
- AccuWeather Team Becomes First Commercial Forecasting Group to Receive AMS Award for Exceptional Prediction that Saved Lives, Kept People Out of Harm's Way
- January 10, 2018; 3:10 PM
- AccuWeather today announced that several staff meteorologists will receive the Award for an Exceptional Specific Prediction from the American Society for Meteorology (AMS) at the group's 98th annual meeting, January 7 - 11, 2018, in Austin, Texas. The presentation will mark the first time the Award for an Exceptional Specific Prediction has been given to a commercial weather service.
- Introducing AccuWeather Go on Garmin Automotive Platform
- January 09, 2018; 9:33 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced AccuWeather Go will be demonstrated by Garmin in its new scalable infotainment platform for Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) at CES 2018 in Las Vegas. This joint effort is the first public demonstration of the revolutionary AccuWeather Go, with patented MinuteCast, and Garmin routing algorithms to deliver minute-by-minute weather conditions for any road trip.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Best in Show and Gold Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- January 04, 2018; 2:27 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has recognized AccuWeather with 2017 W3 digital awards – a Best in Show award for the AccuWeather iOS app and a Gold award for the AccuWeather Android app. This is the fourth time AccuWeather’s apps have been recognized with W3 awards for providing a superior app experience.
- Dr. Joel N. Myers, AccuWeather Founder, Receives Prestigious American Meteorological Society (AMS) Honor for a Lifetime of "Getting it Right"
- January 04, 2018; 2:16 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, will be recognized by the American Meteorological Society (AMS) at the group's 98th annual meeting, held January 7 to 11, 2018, in Austin, Texas.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus and Other Investments to Cap a Year of Strong Financial Performance, Superior Accuracy
- December 26, 2017; 3:02 PM
- AccuWeather, the world’s fastest-growing provider of forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it is pleased to be providing special year-end bonuses to all employees. AccuWeather said the bonuses are possible due to the company’s robust financial performance in 2017 and strong confidence in the growing U.S. and global economy now that the Tax Bill has passed.
- AccuWeather's Forecasts of Holiday Sales Exceed National Retail Federation Projections by $4 Billion
- December 06, 2017; 4:03 PM
- AccuWeather, the world'S largest, fastest-growing and most trusted source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in weather-related big data and analytics, today announced a 2017 holiday sales forecast that exceeds National Retail Federation (NRF) estimates by as much as $4 billion. Nearly $2 billion of AccuWeather's projected increase is directly attributable to AccuWeather forecasts of weather conditions that other retail sales forecasts may not be taking into account.
- AccuWeather Helps Brands Get Ahead of the Flu with Application of Virginia Tech's EpiCaster Outbreak Projections
- November 28, 2017; 1:12 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced an agreement with the Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech.
- AccuWeather Appoints Kurt Fulepp, Vice President and Digital General Manager of News and Business at Time, Inc., as Chief Product Officer
- November 17, 2017; 3:00 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that Kurt Fulepp has joined its leadership team as Chief Product Officer. Fulepp brings more than a decade of experience as a digital product executive in multiplatform storytelling, product management, content commercialization and cross-platform brand development. He most recently served as Vice President and Digital General Manager of News and Business at Time, Inc.