Winter Is Coming -- Make Sure You Are "AccuWeather Ready" with Critical Safety Information
- November 17, 2017; 11:46 AM
AccuWeather's exclusive cross-platform program provides critical weather information, news, videos, alerts, tools, and more to help you stay informed, prepared and safe in winter conditions.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center -- November 17, 2017 -- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings wants you to get "AccuWeather Read" for winter by visiting AccuWeather.com/ready.
By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies plan more effectively in all weather conditions. The AccuWeather Ready initiative takes this commitment even further by providing weather preparedness updates and tools when they matter the most, personalizing the weather so people can improve their lives. As temperatures drop, visit AccuWeather Ready to prepare for what the season has in store.
The AccuWeather Ready program includes educational weather news and videos, actionable safety tips and resources, personalized weather preparedness plans, detailed checklists, severe weather push notifications in the AccuWeather app on iOS and Android, and more.
"Winter is just around the corner, already snow is flying, ice is glazing highways and bitter arctic winds will soon set in," said Evan Myers, AccuWeather's Chief Operating Officer and Senior Meteorologist. "AccuWeather Ready combines the accuracy of our pinpoint, accurate forecasts with the tools needed to get prepared and stay prepared for winter's worst. It all comes wrapped neatly together on AccuWeather.com/ready, I urge families and individuals to go to it and use it often."
Winter-related information available on the AccuWeather Ready site includes:
- The items you need in your winter storm survival kit
- How to prepare your vehicle for winter's worst conditions
- Keeping pets safe and healthy in winter weather
- Holiday safety recommendations
- Winter travel tips for drivers and passengers
- Tips for braving the cold
- Why exercising in cold weather is beneficial for your health
- And more.
The AccuWeather Ready program demonstrates AccuWeather's continued leadership and commitment as a U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador. AccuWeather was named one of NOAA's first Ambassadors in the weather enterprise initiative, launched in 2014 to recognize organizations committed to helping the nation be better prepared for, respond to, and recover from weather-related disasters. AccuWeather and NOAA have partnered for many years. The company has supported NOAA and National Weather Service (NWS) budgets in testimony and presentations before the United States Congress and with the Office of Management and Budget, as well as other federal agencies. AccuWeather has been a longtime cooperation partner with NOAA.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute(tm) forecasts with Superior Accuracy(tm) with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers -- a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs -- AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- Comprehensive, Multi-Year Study Reconfirms AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy in Forecasting Wind, Precipitation and Temperatures Worldwide
- June 07, 2018; 3:33 PM
- In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was once again overwhelmingly confirmed as the world’s most accurate source of weather forecasts in the categories of wind, precipitation and high-temperature forecasts.
- AccuWeather Ready Program Advocates Summer Safety with New Preparedness Information and Weekly Facebook Live Events
- May 22, 2018; 2:30 PM
- As temperatures rise and people spend more time outdoors, the world’s largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you to be AccuWeather Ready for summer weather conditions. Throughout the season, AccuWeather, renowned for its well-documented record of Superior Accuracy, is providing life-saving safety information that can help people prepare for summer’s weather risks.
- AccuWeather Recognized Among Top 100 Organizations for 2017
- May 21, 2018; 1:23 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, was selected by Pennsylvania Business Central magazine as one of the Top 100 Organizations for 2017. Winners were selected by an editorial roundtable based on their success, growth, and positive impact in the business community of Central Pennsylvania.
- Tornado Season Is Here; AccuWeather Ready Provides Critical Safety Information, Facebook Live Event with Storm Chaser Reed Timmer
- March 27, 2018; 3:00 PM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for severe weather events this spring, including tornadoes. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more severe-weather events.
- Forecast Accuracy Keeps People Safe in a Storm, Just Another Day at AccuWeather
- March 24, 2018; 9:12 AM
- The forecasting floor at the global headquarters of world weather leader AccuWeather hummed with coordinated activity as the first day of spring approached. Days, weeks and, yes, even months before a set of four back-to-back March storms pummeled the northeastern U.S. with snow, a team of the most talented expert operational meteorologists in the world warned that a snowier-than-average March loomed. The last days of March 2018 marked the third consecutive winter when the superior accuracy of AccuWeather’s long-range winter forecast, issued as early as September, was once again proved correct.
- Savoy Names AccuWeather Global CMO and GM, AccuWeather Network John Dokes Among 2018 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America
- March 22, 2018; 12:58 PM
- John Dokes, Global Chief Marketing Officer of AccuWeather and General Manager of the AccuWeather Network, has been selected for Savoy magazine’s annual, prestigious list of the Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America 2018.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Spring Weather Risks with New Resources, Weekly Facebook Live Events
- March 20, 2018; 10:38 AM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for spring weather conditions. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more.
- Mike Smith, AccuWeather Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, Announces March 31 Retirement
- March 19, 2018; 12:23 PM
- AccuWeather, known for its Superior Accuracy and the world’s fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings, and a global leader in digital media, today announced that Mike Smith, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, will retire on March 31.
- AccuWeather Goes Purple; Celebrates Women in Science, Tech Careers with Series of March Events
- March 08, 2018; 2:15 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy(tm) as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, celebrates and honors women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields every day. Throughout the month of March, AccuWeather, an innovator and leader in STEM disciplines, plans a special series of initiatives and activities in solidarity with #DressforSTEM on Pi Day Wednesday, March 14th.
- Personalization and Timely Addition of New Features Make AccuWeather the World's Most Popular Weather App
- February 27, 2018; 6:29 AM
- As mobile technology leaders gather in Barcelona, Spain, for the Mobile World Congress (MWC) from February 26 to March 1, AccuWeather--the world's fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data--is highlighting its innovative, user-focused approach to introducing new features to its award-winning mobile apps for iOS and Android.