Winter Is Coming -- Make Sure You Are "AccuWeather Ready" with Critical Safety Information
- November 17, 2017; 11:46 AM
AccuWeather's exclusive cross-platform program provides critical weather information, news, videos, alerts, tools, and more to help you stay informed, prepared and safe in winter conditions.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center -- November 17, 2017 -- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings wants you to get "AccuWeather Read" for winter by visiting AccuWeather.com/ready.
By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies plan more effectively in all weather conditions. The AccuWeather Ready initiative takes this commitment even further by providing weather preparedness updates and tools when they matter the most, personalizing the weather so people can improve their lives. As temperatures drop, visit AccuWeather Ready to prepare for what the season has in store.
The AccuWeather Ready program includes educational weather news and videos, actionable safety tips and resources, personalized weather preparedness plans, detailed checklists, severe weather push notifications in the AccuWeather app on iOS and Android, and more.
"Winter is just around the corner, already snow is flying, ice is glazing highways and bitter arctic winds will soon set in," said Evan Myers, AccuWeather's Chief Operating Officer and Senior Meteorologist. "AccuWeather Ready combines the accuracy of our pinpoint, accurate forecasts with the tools needed to get prepared and stay prepared for winter's worst. It all comes wrapped neatly together on AccuWeather.com/ready, I urge families and individuals to go to it and use it often."
Winter-related information available on the AccuWeather Ready site includes:
- The items you need in your winter storm survival kit
- How to prepare your vehicle for winter's worst conditions
- Keeping pets safe and healthy in winter weather
- Holiday safety recommendations
- Winter travel tips for drivers and passengers
- Tips for braving the cold
- Why exercising in cold weather is beneficial for your health
- And more.
The AccuWeather Ready program demonstrates AccuWeather's continued leadership and commitment as a U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador. AccuWeather was named one of NOAA's first Ambassadors in the weather enterprise initiative, launched in 2014 to recognize organizations committed to helping the nation be better prepared for, respond to, and recover from weather-related disasters. AccuWeather and NOAA have partnered for many years. The company has supported NOAA and National Weather Service (NWS) budgets in testimony and presentations before the United States Congress and with the Office of Management and Budget, as well as other federal agencies. AccuWeather has been a longtime cooperation partner with NOAA.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute(tm) forecasts with Superior Accuracy(tm) with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers -- a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs -- AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- Savoy Names AccuWeather Global CMO and GM, AccuWeather Network John Dokes Among 2018 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America
- March 22, 2018; 12:58 PM
- John Dokes, Global Chief Marketing Officer of AccuWeather and General Manager of the AccuWeather Network, has been selected for Savoy magazine’s annual, prestigious list of the Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America 2018.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Spring Weather Risks with New Resources, Weekly Facebook Live Events
- March 20, 2018; 10:38 AM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for spring weather conditions. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more.
- Mike Smith, AccuWeather Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, Announces March 31 Retirement
- March 19, 2018; 12:23 PM
- AccuWeather, known for its Superior Accuracy and the world’s fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings, and a global leader in digital media, today announced that Mike Smith, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, will retire on March 31.
- AccuWeather Goes Purple; Celebrates Women in Science, Tech Careers with Series of March Events
- March 08, 2018; 2:15 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy(tm) as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, celebrates and honors women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields every day. Throughout the month of March, AccuWeather, an innovator and leader in STEM disciplines, plans a special series of initiatives and activities in solidarity with #DressforSTEM on Pi Day Wednesday, March 14th.
- Personalization and Timely Addition of New Features Make AccuWeather the World's Most Popular Weather App
- February 27, 2018; 6:29 AM
- As mobile technology leaders gather in Barcelona, Spain, for the Mobile World Congress (MWC) from February 26 to March 1, AccuWeather--the world's fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data--is highlighting its innovative, user-focused approach to introducing new features to its award-winning mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- AccuWeather Appoints Former Disney Exec as Vice President, Product Experience
- February 15, 2018; 1:15 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy, as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has tapped Brian Baker as Vice President, Product Experience, a new role that will lead the user experience and visual design for AccuWeather’s portfolio of consumer and enterprise products.
- AccuWeather Accurately Forecasts Paris Snow: Issued detailed impact predictions for consumers and businesses before the storm
- February 09, 2018; 11:25 AM
- The rare snowstorm which hit northern France and brought significant impacts to Paris, including the shut down of much of the city, was a surprise for many residents and businesses. Consumers and enterprises using AccuWeather however, knew as early as Sunday, February 4th that snow accumulations would cause issues, including packed snow and slippery roads, significant flight delays, and business closures.
- President's Pick to Lead NOAA Barry Lee Myers Named to PA Business Central's "Top 100" List
- February 08, 2018; 4:02 PM
- AccuWeather CEO Barry Lee Myers was included on Pennsylvania Business Central's just released "Top 100" list of business leaders for 2017. The annual list, which can be seen at PABusinessCentral.com, celebrates business leaders in Pennsylvania and their contributions to business and economic development as well as their impact on their own organization and communities.
- Updated Statement AccuWeather Stands by Original Conclusion on Miscoded NWS Tsunami Warning
- February 06, 2018; 9:29 PM
- AccuWeather has further reviewed recent National Weather Service statements related to the miscoded NWS tsunami warning of February 6, and stands by its original conclusion. It seems clear that the NWS codes were the problem.
- AccuWeather Responds to Miscoded NWS Tsunami Warning
- February 06, 2018; 12:27 PM
- This morning AccuWeather passed on a National Weather Service Tsunami Warning that was intended by the NWS to be a test but was miscoded by the NWS as a real warning. AccuWeather has the most sophisticated system for passing on NWS tsunami warnings based on a complete computer scan of the codes used by the NWS. While the words “TEST” were in the header, the actual codes read by computers used coding for real warning, indicating it was a real warning.