AccuWeather Appoints Kurt Fulepp, Vice President and Digital General Manager of News and Business at Time, Inc., as Chief Product Officer
- November 17, 2017; 3:00 PM
Fulepp's extensive global experience working at the intersection of cutting-edge digital products and premium content will help shape how AccuWeather delivers weather information to consumers and enterprises around the world in the future.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - November 17, 2017 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that Kurt Fulepp has joined its leadership team as Chief Product Officer. Fulepp brings more than a decade of experience as a digital product executive in multiplatform storytelling, product management, content commercialization and cross-platform brand development. He most recently served as Vice President and Digital General Manager of News and Business at Time, Inc.
In his new role, Fulepp will be responsible for the vision, strategy, and design for AccuWeather's enterprise-wide product portfolio. He will lead development of the latest ecosystems of products leveraging artificial intelligence, big data, and connected and smart devices, overseeing every element of the roadmap from conceptualization to launch and post-launch performance.
AccuWeather, which delivers forecasts and warnings to nearly 2 billion people globally with Superior Accuracy™ that has been well documented, is available on every major platform and connected device. The company serves 245 of the U.S. Fortune 500 companies and thousands of other businesses and government agencies worldwide, including 78 of the Fortune 100 global companies.
Fulepp joins other key recent additions to the AccuWeather leadership team, including General Counsel Marc Lemberg, former Vice President and Associate General Counsel and Vice President, Strategy and Mergers and Acquisitions, for Tyco International; and Chief Revenue Officer Eric Danetz, former Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Inc.
"Kurt has a tremendous breadth of product management experience, creativity and expertise, and has contributed to the success of some of the world's best-known brands," said Steve Smith, President of Digital Media at AccuWeather. "As AccuWeather continues to expand as a global digital publisher and also grow its unique set of enterprise services around the world, Kurt's leadership will be paramount in helping us create a new generation of great products that leverage existing and emerging platforms and technologies, while continuing to add sustainable value in terms of revenue and profits for the business."
Fulepp also works as an adjunct instructor in the Master of Science in Publishing - Digital Media program at New York University, teaching a course that examines the various business models in digital media and what it takes to build a successful digital publishing business.
Before joining Time, Inc., in 2015, Fulepp was Vice President and Head of Product at AOL, Inc., where he oversaw product management, technology and design of AOL's core business of AOL.com, as well as a portfolio of lifestyle brands focused on home, food, style, weddings and women's leadership. Concurrent with his AOL tenure, Fulepp also served as General Manager of MAKERS.com, providing end-to-end leadership for this first-of-its-kind multiplatform video destination, which profiled exceptional women and their groundbreaking achievements.
Fulepp previously worked as Senior Manager, Consumer Marketing for NineMSN (Microsoft's joint-venture in Australia,) and as Director of Marketing at Nine Television Network Australia; one of Australia's largest commercial television networks.
"I'm very excited about this unique opportunity to work on a portfolio of products that have a real impact on peoples' daily lives and the operation of businesses in every industry," Fulepp said. "AccuWeather has an incredibly powerful brand, an enormous, loyal global audience, and the best data and people in the business, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the next wave of innovation at AccuWeather."
Fulepp's appointment comes on the heels of a study by independent industry tracker ForecastWatch which confirmed the Superior Accuracy™ of AccuWeather's forecasts. This analysis of over 30 million forecasts, the most comprehensive global study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, concluded that AccuWeather had the highest level of accuracy in all three categories it verified - temperature, precipitation and wind. By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies and people plan more effectively in all weather conditions.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Partners with Influent Media to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to U.K. and Ireland
- January 17, 2018; 9:53 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has appointed Influent Media as its digital advertising sales partner in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- AccuWeather Correctly Predicts Costliest Year for Weather Events
- January 12, 2018; 4:57 PM
- To cap off an exceptional year in which its reputation for Superior Accuracy™ was confirmed again and again, AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings, most precisely forecasted the economic toll of weather disasters in 2017 and correctly predicted 2017 would be one of the costliest years for weather events on record.
- AccuWeather Introduces App for the Google Assistant
- January 11, 2018; 1:01 PM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in weather-related big data and analytics, today announced the launch of AccuWeather for the Google Assistant, a new app that makes it easy to access weather forecasts with Superior Accuracy using natural language commands.
- AccuWeather Team Becomes First Commercial Forecasting Group to Receive AMS Award for Exceptional Prediction that Saved Lives, Kept People Out of Harm's Way
- January 10, 2018; 3:10 PM
- AccuWeather today announced that several staff meteorologists will receive the Award for an Exceptional Specific Prediction from the American Society for Meteorology (AMS) at the group's 98th annual meeting, January 7 - 11, 2018, in Austin, Texas. The presentation will mark the first time the Award for an Exceptional Specific Prediction has been given to a commercial weather service.
- Introducing AccuWeather Go on Garmin Automotive Platform
- January 09, 2018; 9:33 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced AccuWeather Go will be demonstrated by Garmin in its new scalable infotainment platform for Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) at CES 2018 in Las Vegas. This joint effort is the first public demonstration of the revolutionary AccuWeather Go, with patented MinuteCast, and Garmin routing algorithms to deliver minute-by-minute weather conditions for any road trip.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Best in Show and Gold Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- January 04, 2018; 2:27 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has recognized AccuWeather with 2017 W3 digital awards – a Best in Show award for the AccuWeather iOS app and a Gold award for the AccuWeather Android app. This is the fourth time AccuWeather’s apps have been recognized with W3 awards for providing a superior app experience.
- Dr. Joel N. Myers, AccuWeather Founder, Receives Prestigious American Meteorological Society (AMS) Honor for a Lifetime of "Getting it Right"
- January 04, 2018; 2:16 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, will be recognized by the American Meteorological Society (AMS) at the group's 98th annual meeting, held January 7 to 11, 2018, in Austin, Texas.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus and Other Investments to Cap a Year of Strong Financial Performance, Superior Accuracy
- December 26, 2017; 3:02 PM
- AccuWeather, the world’s fastest-growing provider of forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it is pleased to be providing special year-end bonuses to all employees. AccuWeather said the bonuses are possible due to the company’s robust financial performance in 2017 and strong confidence in the growing U.S. and global economy now that the Tax Bill has passed.
- AccuWeather's Forecasts of Holiday Sales Exceed National Retail Federation Projections by $4 Billion
- December 06, 2017; 4:03 PM
- AccuWeather, the world'S largest, fastest-growing and most trusted source of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in weather-related big data and analytics, today announced a 2017 holiday sales forecast that exceeds National Retail Federation (NRF) estimates by as much as $4 billion. Nearly $2 billion of AccuWeather's projected increase is directly attributable to AccuWeather forecasts of weather conditions that other retail sales forecasts may not be taking into account.
- AccuWeather Helps Brands Get Ahead of the Flu with Application of Virginia Tech's EpiCaster Outbreak Projections
- November 28, 2017; 1:12 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced an agreement with the Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech.