AccuWeather Appoints Kurt Fulepp, Vice President and Digital General Manager of News and Business at Time, Inc., as Chief Product Officer
- November 17, 2017; 3:00 PM
Fulepp's extensive global experience working at the intersection of cutting-edge digital products and premium content will help shape how AccuWeather delivers weather information to consumers and enterprises around the world in the future.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - November 17, 2017 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that Kurt Fulepp has joined its leadership team as Chief Product Officer. Fulepp brings more than a decade of experience as a digital product executive in multiplatform storytelling, product management, content commercialization and cross-platform brand development. He most recently served as Vice President and Digital General Manager of News and Business at Time, Inc.
In his new role, Fulepp will be responsible for the vision, strategy, and design for AccuWeather's enterprise-wide product portfolio. He will lead development of the latest ecosystems of products leveraging artificial intelligence, big data, and connected and smart devices, overseeing every element of the roadmap from conceptualization to launch and post-launch performance.
AccuWeather, which delivers forecasts and warnings to nearly 2 billion people globally with Superior Accuracy™ that has been well documented, is available on every major platform and connected device. The company serves 245 of the U.S. Fortune 500 companies and thousands of other businesses and government agencies worldwide, including 78 of the Fortune 100 global companies.
Fulepp joins other key recent additions to the AccuWeather leadership team, including General Counsel Marc Lemberg, former Vice President and Associate General Counsel and Vice President, Strategy and Mergers and Acquisitions, for Tyco International; and Chief Revenue Officer Eric Danetz, former Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Inc.
"Kurt has a tremendous breadth of product management experience, creativity and expertise, and has contributed to the success of some of the world's best-known brands," said Steve Smith, President of Digital Media at AccuWeather. "As AccuWeather continues to expand as a global digital publisher and also grow its unique set of enterprise services around the world, Kurt's leadership will be paramount in helping us create a new generation of great products that leverage existing and emerging platforms and technologies, while continuing to add sustainable value in terms of revenue and profits for the business."
Fulepp also works as an adjunct instructor in the Master of Science in Publishing - Digital Media program at New York University, teaching a course that examines the various business models in digital media and what it takes to build a successful digital publishing business.
Before joining Time, Inc., in 2015, Fulepp was Vice President and Head of Product at AOL, Inc., where he oversaw product management, technology and design of AOL's core business of AOL.com, as well as a portfolio of lifestyle brands focused on home, food, style, weddings and women's leadership. Concurrent with his AOL tenure, Fulepp also served as General Manager of MAKERS.com, providing end-to-end leadership for this first-of-its-kind multiplatform video destination, which profiled exceptional women and their groundbreaking achievements.
Fulepp previously worked as Senior Manager, Consumer Marketing for NineMSN (Microsoft's joint-venture in Australia,) and as Director of Marketing at Nine Television Network Australia; one of Australia's largest commercial television networks.
"I'm very excited about this unique opportunity to work on a portfolio of products that have a real impact on peoples' daily lives and the operation of businesses in every industry," Fulepp said. "AccuWeather has an incredibly powerful brand, an enormous, loyal global audience, and the best data and people in the business, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the next wave of innovation at AccuWeather."
Fulepp's appointment comes on the heels of a study by independent industry tracker ForecastWatch which confirmed the Superior Accuracy™ of AccuWeather's forecasts. This analysis of over 30 million forecasts, the most comprehensive global study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, concluded that AccuWeather had the highest level of accuracy in all three categories it verified - temperature, precipitation and wind. By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies and people plan more effectively in all weather conditions.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Wins 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App
- July 02, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, won the 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App for its popular Android app. The APPY Awards are presented by MediaPost Communications. This win marks the second consecutive year that AccuWeather has earned this prestigious distinction.
- GotSoccer.com Scores Deal with AccuWeather to Deliver Most Accurate Weather Forecasts for U.S. Recreational Soccer
- June 27, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of detailed weather forecasts and warnings, and GotSoccer.com are teaming up to provide U.S. Youth Soccer members and their families with easily accessible schedule and forecasting information.
- Comprehensive, Multi-Year Study Reconfirms AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy in Forecasting Wind, Precipitation and Temperatures Worldwide
- June 07, 2018; 3:33 PM
- In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was once again overwhelmingly confirmed as the world’s most accurate source of weather forecasts in the categories of wind, precipitation and high-temperature forecasts.
- AccuWeather Ready Program Advocates Summer Safety with New Preparedness Information and Weekly Facebook Live Events
- May 22, 2018; 2:30 PM
- As temperatures rise and people spend more time outdoors, the world’s largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you to be AccuWeather Ready for summer weather conditions. Throughout the season, AccuWeather, renowned for its well-documented record of Superior Accuracy, is providing life-saving safety information that can help people prepare for summer’s weather risks.
- AccuWeather Recognized Among Top 100 Organizations for 2017
- May 21, 2018; 1:23 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, was selected by Pennsylvania Business Central magazine as one of the Top 100 Organizations for 2017. Winners were selected by an editorial roundtable based on their success, growth, and positive impact in the business community of Central Pennsylvania.
- Tornado Season Is Here; AccuWeather Ready Provides Critical Safety Information, Facebook Live Event with Storm Chaser Reed Timmer
- March 27, 2018; 3:00 PM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for severe weather events this spring, including tornadoes. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more severe-weather events.
- Forecast Accuracy Keeps People Safe in a Storm, Just Another Day at AccuWeather
- March 24, 2018; 9:12 AM
- The forecasting floor at the global headquarters of world weather leader AccuWeather hummed with coordinated activity as the first day of spring approached. Days, weeks and, yes, even months before a set of four back-to-back March storms pummeled the northeastern U.S. with snow, a team of the most talented expert operational meteorologists in the world warned that a snowier-than-average March loomed. The last days of March 2018 marked the third consecutive winter when the superior accuracy of AccuWeather’s long-range winter forecast, issued as early as September, was once again proved correct.
- Savoy Names AccuWeather Global CMO and GM, AccuWeather Network John Dokes Among 2018 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America
- March 22, 2018; 12:58 PM
- John Dokes, Global Chief Marketing Officer of AccuWeather and General Manager of the AccuWeather Network, has been selected for Savoy magazine’s annual, prestigious list of the Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America 2018.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Spring Weather Risks with New Resources, Weekly Facebook Live Events
- March 20, 2018; 10:38 AM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for spring weather conditions. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more.
- Mike Smith, AccuWeather Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, Announces March 31 Retirement
- March 19, 2018; 12:23 PM
- AccuWeather, known for its Superior Accuracy and the world’s fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings, and a global leader in digital media, today announced that Mike Smith, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, will retire on March 31.