AccuWeather Partners with Influent Media to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to U.K. and Ireland
- January 17, 2018; 9:53 PM
AccuWeather and European digital ad leader team to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for U.K. advertisers.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - January 18, 2018 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy™ as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has appointed Influent Media as its digital advertising sales partner in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
AccuWeather is the leading mobile weather information source worldwide, and receives more than 300 million unique monthly visitors from around the world. Influent Media, the U.K.'s newest and largest independent digital advertising sales house, is ideally suited to help brands and agencies that serve audiences in the U.K. and Ireland benefit from AccuWeather's ability to deliver customized messages to tightly targeted audiences and meet strategic campaign objectives.
"AccuWeather enables advertisers in the United Kingdom and Ireland to speak to consumers with an unprecedented level of relevancy, and to deliver ad experiences across platforms," said Vincent McDonald, Chief International Strategy Officer at AccuWeather. "We're excited to work with a partner such as Influent, which brings a fresh approach to the market, as well as a strong team that has nearly 20 years of experience. They're a natural fit for a company with AccuWeather's scale and ambition."
The partnership with Influent Media follows the opening of AccuWeather's European office in Dublin in 2017. "We've already seen phenomenal demand from blue-chip advertisers across a wide range of industry verticals," said Brian Lavery, AccuWeather's Managing Director in Europe. "Legendary British and Irish brands are excited to put AccuWeather's creative solutions, unique capabilities and broad audience reach to work for their marketing campaigns."
"With AccuWeather, advertisers in the U.K. have an unmatched opportunity to extend AccuWeather's superior weather data into their larger marketing strategy," said Neil Higgins, Influent Media's Managing Director. "AccuWeather's rich contextual and historical data permits unique levels of customization and consumer relevance to fuel ad campaigns."
AccuWeather's targeted, solution-based campaigns maximize the exclusive benefits of AccuWeather's massive multi-platform audience reach across award-winning mobile applications, web, mobile web, radio, television, newspapers, connected TVs, place-based media, and more. AccuWeather's comprehensive big data capabilities provide tailored, targeted, and programmatic advertising platforms and packages, ensuring advertisers effectively deliver the right message to a relevant audience.
To learn more about advertising with AccuWeather, visit www.AccuWeather.com/MediaKit
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Issues Statement of Apology to National Weather Service Employees
- January 17, 2019; 11:42 PM
- An article was published today on AccuWeather.com to reassure consumers and businesses that, despite some media reports, there has been no degradation to the accuracy of our weather forecasts due to the government shutdown. Additionally, the article indicated that National Weather Service forecasters, despite not being paid, continued to issue life-saving weather warnings to protect people and property across the country, and the necessary data continues to flow through government sources. This intent was not well communicated through the article.
- AccuWeather's New RealImpact(TM) Scale for Hurricanes will Revolutionize Damage Predictions for Greater Public Safety
- January 09, 2019; 7:30 PM
- New scale for hurricanes and tropical storms will provide a more comprehensive description of their impact beyond the simple wind speeds scale that has been used to classify the severity of storms for decades.
- Barry Lee Myers Steps Down from AccuWeather
- January 04, 2019; 9:11 AM
- Chief Executive Officer Barry Lee Myers has stepped down as officer and director of AccuWeather and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, effective January 1, 2019. Myers was nominated in late 2017 by President Trump to become Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. In accordance with the ethics pledge from Myers to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and in his testimony and comments made to the U.S. Senate, he has fulfilled his commitment to fully divest himself from AccuWeather and from any and all related interests.
- AccuWeather's Steve Root Receives American Meteorological Society Henry T. Harrison Award for Outstanding Contributions by a Consulting Meteorologist
- December 14, 2018; 6:28 AM
- A well-known expert in building historical and predicted weather data sets to better quantify energy demand, consumer buying behavior, and supply chain management, Root has pioneered unique meteorological applications serving consumers, businesses and governments for more than 30 years.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Gold and Silver Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- December 05, 2018; 10:34 AM
- For the fifth time, digital awards go to AccuWeather for providing a superior weather app experience to users worldwide.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus to Team Members in Celebration of 2018 Growth
- December 03, 2018; 7:21 AM
- Bonus for full- and part-time team members acknowledges Company’s double-digit growth, dedication to saving lives, protecting people and property.
- AccuWeather Appoints Edward Arditte as Chief Financial Officer
- November 21, 2018; 4:40 AM
- Longtime AccuWeather Board Member brings more than 30 years’ experience in finance and operations.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Winter Weather with Critical Safety Information for the Season's Risks
- November 01, 2018; 3:42 PM
- AccuWeather's exclusive cross-platform program provides critical weather information, news, videos, alerts, tools, and more to help users stay informed, prepared and safe in winter conditions.
- AccuWeather Partners with FinTech Sandbox to Foster Innovation in Financial Technology and Services
- October 30, 2018; 8:25 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing weather media and business company in the world, today announced a partnership with FinTech Sandbox, a nonprofit organization that promotes innovation in the financial sector. The collaboration will enable entrepreneurial financial technology firms to access AccuWeather’s superior real-time and historical weather data for a wide range of exciting, transformative and unique ventures.
- AccuWeather Teams with Ströer to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to Germany
- October 24, 2018; 7:00 AM
- AccuWeather and Germany’s digital sales house partner in order to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for advertisers in Germany.