AccuWeather Partners with Influent Media to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to U.K. and Ireland
- January 17, 2018; 9:53 PM
AccuWeather and European digital ad leader team to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for U.K. advertisers.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - January 18, 2018 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy™ as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has appointed Influent Media as its digital advertising sales partner in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
AccuWeather is the leading mobile weather information source worldwide, and receives more than 300 million unique monthly visitors from around the world. Influent Media, the U.K.'s newest and largest independent digital advertising sales house, is ideally suited to help brands and agencies that serve audiences in the U.K. and Ireland benefit from AccuWeather's ability to deliver customized messages to tightly targeted audiences and meet strategic campaign objectives.
"AccuWeather enables advertisers in the United Kingdom and Ireland to speak to consumers with an unprecedented level of relevancy, and to deliver ad experiences across platforms," said Vincent McDonald, Chief International Strategy Officer at AccuWeather. "We're excited to work with a partner such as Influent, which brings a fresh approach to the market, as well as a strong team that has nearly 20 years of experience. They're a natural fit for a company with AccuWeather's scale and ambition."
The partnership with Influent Media follows the opening of AccuWeather's European office in Dublin in 2017. "We've already seen phenomenal demand from blue-chip advertisers across a wide range of industry verticals," said Brian Lavery, AccuWeather's Managing Director in Europe. "Legendary British and Irish brands are excited to put AccuWeather's creative solutions, unique capabilities and broad audience reach to work for their marketing campaigns."
"With AccuWeather, advertisers in the U.K. have an unmatched opportunity to extend AccuWeather's superior weather data into their larger marketing strategy," said Neil Higgins, Influent Media's Managing Director. "AccuWeather's rich contextual and historical data permits unique levels of customization and consumer relevance to fuel ad campaigns."
AccuWeather's targeted, solution-based campaigns maximize the exclusive benefits of AccuWeather's massive multi-platform audience reach across award-winning mobile applications, web, mobile web, radio, television, newspapers, connected TVs, place-based media, and more. AccuWeather's comprehensive big data capabilities provide tailored, targeted, and programmatic advertising platforms and packages, ensuring advertisers effectively deliver the right message to a relevant audience.
To learn more about advertising with AccuWeather, visit www.AccuWeather.com/MediaKit
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Founder and President Dr. Joel Myers Denounces "Inaccurate Information" About Hurricane Florence
- September 19, 2018; 3:15 PM
- "Seeing others comment that Florence will rank among the costliest U.S. hurricanes of all time is flat-out wrong. While it was, in fact, a catastrophic storm for parts of the Carolinas as we predicted it would be, it is important to put Florence's cost and impact into historical context," said Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather. "As an expert on severe weather and its economic, financial and human costs, and adjusting for inflation, I would not put Florence in a list of the top 10 nor even the top 25 costliest hurricanes to ever hit the U.S."
- AccuWeather Ready Program Offers Prep & Recovery Information Online as Hurricane Florence Nears East Coast
- September 11, 2018; 10:00 AM
- Predicted to reach the United States late this week, Hurricane Florence has the potential to join the ranks of the costliest natural disasters in the history of the United States. AccuWeather seeks to help users get ‘AccuWeather Ready' with exclusive weather preparedness information.
- AccuWeather Integrates Foursquare into Latest Update of its Leading Weather App
- August 29, 2018; 9:31 AM
- Users of AccuWeather’s award-winning iOS and Android apps will be able to take advantage of contextually relevant locations and offers based on the weather where they are.
- Statement RE: Today's Miscoded Hurricane Test Warning
- August 10, 2018; 1:48 PM
- This afternoon at 12:37 p.m. EDT AccuWeather passed on a hurricane warning for the southeastern U.S. that was intended to be an internal government test, but the government’s computer coding did not so indicate it was a test and it was inadvertently distributed externally by AccuWeather’s computer system when AccuWeather received the warning. The internal test was redistributed not only by AccuWeather on its AccuWeather app and AccuWeather.com website, but by other weather providers that also pass on government warnings. There is no hurricane warning in effect for the southeastern U.S.
- AccuWeather Ready Program Shares Tropical Storm, Hurricane Prep & Recovery Information Online and Via Live Events in August
- August 01, 2018; 10:30 AM
- As the Atlantic tropical storm season approaches its peak, AccuWeather helps users get ‘AccuWeather Ready’ with exclusive weather preparedness information and weekly live segments on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in addition to news, videos, alerts, and other resources.
- AccuWeather Debuts as Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway, as Two World-Renowned Pennsylvania Brands Partner
- July 27, 2018; 8:42 AM
- AccuWeather is off to a fast start as the presenting partner of Pocono Raceway’s “Worry-Free Weather Guarantee,” and will provide real-time weather updates to keep fans and Raceway personnel safe during its Gander Outdoors 400 race weekend from July 27-29. AccuWeather is now the “Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway.”
- Avoid Future Tragedies Like Branson by Planning Ahead for Severe Weather Risks
- July 25, 2018; 8:46 AM
- What happened in Branson, is a heartbreaking example of what can go wrong – and how quickly it can go wrong – when severe weather strikes. Companies must have a predetermined and coordinated weather-related safety action plan and a trusted partner to help them know when to enact it.
- AccuWeather Wins 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App
- July 02, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, won the 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App for its popular Android app. The APPY Awards are presented by MediaPost Communications. This win marks the second consecutive year that AccuWeather has earned this prestigious distinction.
- GotSoccer.com Scores Deal with AccuWeather to Deliver Most Accurate Weather Forecasts for U.S. Recreational Soccer
- June 27, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of detailed weather forecasts and warnings, and GotSoccer.com are teaming up to provide U.S. Youth Soccer members and their families with easily accessible schedule and forecasting information.
- Comprehensive, Multi-Year Study Reconfirms AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy in Forecasting Wind, Precipitation and Temperatures Worldwide
- June 07, 2018; 3:33 PM
- In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was once again overwhelmingly confirmed as the world’s most accurate source of weather forecasts in the categories of wind, precipitation and high-temperature forecasts.