AccuWeather Named Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year by the PA Acceleration Project
- January 25, 2018; 1:10 PM
Award recognizes AccuWeather's contributions to advancing technology and technology infrastructure across Pennsylvania.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - January 24, 2018 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it has been named the Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year by the PA Acceleration Project, an implementation team speeding broadband, workforce and innovation initiatives across Pennsylvania.
The award was presented at the PA Acceleration Project's first awards ceremony, held January 18 at East Stroudsburg University's Innovation Center. The Pennsylvania Acceleration Awards are designed to recognize and honor organizations and leaders that are driving technology and innovation across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Headquartered in State College, Pennsylvania, AccuWeather has evolved from its early roots in customized forecasts for business to become a global innovator in digital media, big data, and predictive and prescriptive analytics. The company has established itself as the world's best-known and most respected weather brand, available to nearly 2 billion people globally on every major platform and connected device.
"AccuWeather attracts top talent and pursues innovation throughout its organization," said Kelly Lewis, co-founder of the Pennsylvania Acceleration Project. AccuWeather helps business analytics clients drive optimization and efficiencies by uncovering previously hidden relationships between weather events and business results, so key decision-makers can use AccuWeather's unique insights to better manage and take strategic advantage of how weather conditions at various location impact their business. We are pleased to recognize AccuWeather for decades of innovation."
"AccuWeather's success was built on a foundation of constant and aggressive innovation," said Trish Mikita, Vice President for Digital Strategy at AccuWeather. "We recognize the value and benefits that come from adopting new technology and working to develop and retain a highly skilled workforce. As a company, we remain committed to these ideals, so we are very proud to receive this recognition as the inaugural Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year."
AccuWeather continues to drive innovation with cutting-edge weather implementations in technologies that include wearable devices, virtual reality, connected vehicles, smart appliances and the smart home. Even as the company pursues innovation, however, it remains fiercely dedicated to the foundation of its success: providing the most reliable and accurate weather forecasts to help people around the world get more out of their day.
That commitment was confirmed in a 2017 study by independent industry tracker ForecastWatch, which demonstrated the Superior Accuracy™ of AccuWeather's forecasts. This analysis of over 30 million forecasts - the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken globally - concluded that AccuWeather had the highest level of accuracy in all three categories ForecastWatch verified, temperature, precipitation and wind.
About the PA Acceleration Project
The PA Acceleration Project is an implementation team speeding broadband, workforce and innovation initiatives across Pennsylvania. The Broadband Implementation team of Dellicker Strategies, Business Information Group and Lewis Strategic has successfully completed nearly 100 regional broadband projects in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. Since 2003, industry pioneer Dellicker Strategies has led broadband aggregation projects for schools, intermediate units, hospitals, doctors, corporations, agencies and communities. For additional information visit www.PAaccelerationProject.com.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Ready Program Advocates Summer Safety with New Preparedness Information and Weekly Facebook Live Events
- May 22, 2018; 2:30 PM
- As temperatures rise and people spend more time outdoors, the world’s largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you to be AccuWeather Ready for summer weather conditions. Throughout the season, AccuWeather, renowned for its well-documented record of Superior Accuracy, is providing life-saving safety information that can help people prepare for summer’s weather risks.
- AccuWeather Recognized Among Top 100 Organizations for 2017
- May 21, 2018; 1:23 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, was selected by Pennsylvania Business Central magazine as one of the Top 100 Organizations for 2017. Winners were selected by an editorial roundtable based on their success, growth, and positive impact in the business community of Central Pennsylvania.
- Tornado Season Is Here; AccuWeather Ready Provides Critical Safety Information, Facebook Live Event with Storm Chaser Reed Timmer
- March 27, 2018; 3:00 PM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for severe weather events this spring, including tornadoes. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more severe-weather events.
- Forecast Accuracy Keeps People Safe in a Storm, Just Another Day at AccuWeather
- March 24, 2018; 9:12 AM
- The forecasting floor at the global headquarters of world weather leader AccuWeather hummed with coordinated activity as the first day of spring approached. Days, weeks and, yes, even months before a set of four back-to-back March storms pummeled the northeastern U.S. with snow, a team of the most talented expert operational meteorologists in the world warned that a snowier-than-average March loomed. The last days of March 2018 marked the third consecutive winter when the superior accuracy of AccuWeather’s long-range winter forecast, issued as early as September, was once again proved correct.
- Savoy Names AccuWeather Global CMO and GM, AccuWeather Network John Dokes Among 2018 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America
- March 22, 2018; 12:58 PM
- John Dokes, Global Chief Marketing Officer of AccuWeather and General Manager of the AccuWeather Network, has been selected for Savoy magazine’s annual, prestigious list of the Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America 2018.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Spring Weather Risks with New Resources, Weekly Facebook Live Events
- March 20, 2018; 10:38 AM
- The world's largest, fastest-growing and most trusted provider of weather forecasts and warnings wants you "AccuWeather Ready" for spring weather conditions. Throughout the spring season, AccuWeather is providing life-saving safety information that can help you prepare for possible tornadoes, flooding and more.
- Mike Smith, AccuWeather Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, Announces March 31 Retirement
- March 19, 2018; 12:23 PM
- AccuWeather, known for its Superior Accuracy and the world’s fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings, and a global leader in digital media, today announced that Mike Smith, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive, will retire on March 31.
- AccuWeather Goes Purple; Celebrates Women in Science, Tech Careers with Series of March Events
- March 08, 2018; 2:15 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy(tm) as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, celebrates and honors women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields every day. Throughout the month of March, AccuWeather, an innovator and leader in STEM disciplines, plans a special series of initiatives and activities in solidarity with #DressforSTEM on Pi Day Wednesday, March 14th.
- Personalization and Timely Addition of New Features Make AccuWeather the World's Most Popular Weather App
- February 27, 2018; 6:29 AM
- As mobile technology leaders gather in Barcelona, Spain, for the Mobile World Congress (MWC) from February 26 to March 1, AccuWeather--the world's fastest-growing provider of weather forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data--is highlighting its innovative, user-focused approach to introducing new features to its award-winning mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- AccuWeather Appoints Former Disney Exec as Vice President, Product Experience
- February 15, 2018; 1:15 PM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy, as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has tapped Brian Baker as Vice President, Product Experience, a new role that will lead the user experience and visual design for AccuWeather’s portfolio of consumer and enterprise products.