AccuWeather Named Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year by the PA Acceleration Project
- January 25, 2018; 1:10 PM
Award recognizes AccuWeather's contributions to advancing technology and technology infrastructure across Pennsylvania.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - January 24, 2018 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it has been named the Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year by the PA Acceleration Project, an implementation team speeding broadband, workforce and innovation initiatives across Pennsylvania.
The award was presented at the PA Acceleration Project's first awards ceremony, held January 18 at East Stroudsburg University's Innovation Center. The Pennsylvania Acceleration Awards are designed to recognize and honor organizations and leaders that are driving technology and innovation across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Headquartered in State College, Pennsylvania, AccuWeather has evolved from its early roots in customized forecasts for business to become a global innovator in digital media, big data, and predictive and prescriptive analytics. The company has established itself as the world's best-known and most respected weather brand, available to nearly 2 billion people globally on every major platform and connected device.
"AccuWeather attracts top talent and pursues innovation throughout its organization," said Kelly Lewis, co-founder of the Pennsylvania Acceleration Project. AccuWeather helps business analytics clients drive optimization and efficiencies by uncovering previously hidden relationships between weather events and business results, so key decision-makers can use AccuWeather's unique insights to better manage and take strategic advantage of how weather conditions at various location impact their business. We are pleased to recognize AccuWeather for decades of innovation."
"AccuWeather's success was built on a foundation of constant and aggressive innovation," said Trish Mikita, Vice President for Digital Strategy at AccuWeather. "We recognize the value and benefits that come from adopting new technology and working to develop and retain a highly skilled workforce. As a company, we remain committed to these ideals, so we are very proud to receive this recognition as the inaugural Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year."
AccuWeather continues to drive innovation with cutting-edge weather implementations in technologies that include wearable devices, virtual reality, connected vehicles, smart appliances and the smart home. Even as the company pursues innovation, however, it remains fiercely dedicated to the foundation of its success: providing the most reliable and accurate weather forecasts to help people around the world get more out of their day.
That commitment was confirmed in a 2017 study by independent industry tracker ForecastWatch, which demonstrated the Superior Accuracy™ of AccuWeather's forecasts. This analysis of over 30 million forecasts - the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken globally - concluded that AccuWeather had the highest level of accuracy in all three categories ForecastWatch verified, temperature, precipitation and wind.
About the PA Acceleration Project
The PA Acceleration Project is an implementation team speeding broadband, workforce and innovation initiatives across Pennsylvania. The Broadband Implementation team of Dellicker Strategies, Business Information Group and Lewis Strategic has successfully completed nearly 100 regional broadband projects in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. Since 2003, industry pioneer Dellicker Strategies has led broadband aggregation projects for schools, intermediate units, hospitals, doctors, corporations, agencies and communities. For additional information visit www.PAaccelerationProject.com.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Issues Statement of Apology to National Weather Service Employees
- January 17, 2019; 11:42 PM
- An article was published today on AccuWeather.com to reassure consumers and businesses that, despite some media reports, there has been no degradation to the accuracy of our weather forecasts due to the government shutdown. Additionally, the article indicated that National Weather Service forecasters, despite not being paid, continued to issue life-saving weather warnings to protect people and property across the country, and the necessary data continues to flow through government sources. This intent was not well communicated through the article.
- AccuWeather's New RealImpact(TM) Scale for Hurricanes will Revolutionize Damage Predictions for Greater Public Safety
- January 09, 2019; 7:30 PM
- New scale for hurricanes and tropical storms will provide a more comprehensive description of their impact beyond the simple wind speeds scale that has been used to classify the severity of storms for decades.
- Barry Lee Myers Steps Down from AccuWeather
- January 04, 2019; 9:11 AM
- Chief Executive Officer Barry Lee Myers has stepped down as officer and director of AccuWeather and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, effective January 1, 2019. Myers was nominated in late 2017 by President Trump to become Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. In accordance with the ethics pledge from Myers to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and in his testimony and comments made to the U.S. Senate, he has fulfilled his commitment to fully divest himself from AccuWeather and from any and all related interests.
- AccuWeather's Steve Root Receives American Meteorological Society Henry T. Harrison Award for Outstanding Contributions by a Consulting Meteorologist
- December 14, 2018; 6:28 AM
- A well-known expert in building historical and predicted weather data sets to better quantify energy demand, consumer buying behavior, and supply chain management, Root has pioneered unique meteorological applications serving consumers, businesses and governments for more than 30 years.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Gold and Silver Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- December 05, 2018; 10:34 AM
- For the fifth time, digital awards go to AccuWeather for providing a superior weather app experience to users worldwide.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus to Team Members in Celebration of 2018 Growth
- December 03, 2018; 7:21 AM
- Bonus for full- and part-time team members acknowledges Company’s double-digit growth, dedication to saving lives, protecting people and property.
- AccuWeather Appoints Edward Arditte as Chief Financial Officer
- November 21, 2018; 4:40 AM
- Longtime AccuWeather Board Member brings more than 30 years’ experience in finance and operations.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Winter Weather with Critical Safety Information for the Season's Risks
- November 01, 2018; 3:42 PM
- AccuWeather's exclusive cross-platform program provides critical weather information, news, videos, alerts, tools, and more to help users stay informed, prepared and safe in winter conditions.
- AccuWeather Partners with FinTech Sandbox to Foster Innovation in Financial Technology and Services
- October 30, 2018; 8:25 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing weather media and business company in the world, today announced a partnership with FinTech Sandbox, a nonprofit organization that promotes innovation in the financial sector. The collaboration will enable entrepreneurial financial technology firms to access AccuWeather’s superior real-time and historical weather data for a wide range of exciting, transformative and unique ventures.
- AccuWeather Teams with Ströer to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to Germany
- October 24, 2018; 7:00 AM
- AccuWeather and Germany’s digital sales house partner in order to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for advertisers in Germany.