AccuWeather Named Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year by the PA Acceleration Project
- January 25, 2018; 1:10 PM
Award recognizes AccuWeather's contributions to advancing technology and technology infrastructure across Pennsylvania.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - January 24, 2018 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it has been named the Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year by the PA Acceleration Project, an implementation team speeding broadband, workforce and innovation initiatives across Pennsylvania.
The award was presented at the PA Acceleration Project's first awards ceremony, held January 18 at East Stroudsburg University's Innovation Center. The Pennsylvania Acceleration Awards are designed to recognize and honor organizations and leaders that are driving technology and innovation across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Headquartered in State College, Pennsylvania, AccuWeather has evolved from its early roots in customized forecasts for business to become a global innovator in digital media, big data, and predictive and prescriptive analytics. The company has established itself as the world's best-known and most respected weather brand, available to nearly 2 billion people globally on every major platform and connected device.
"AccuWeather attracts top talent and pursues innovation throughout its organization," said Kelly Lewis, co-founder of the Pennsylvania Acceleration Project. AccuWeather helps business analytics clients drive optimization and efficiencies by uncovering previously hidden relationships between weather events and business results, so key decision-makers can use AccuWeather's unique insights to better manage and take strategic advantage of how weather conditions at various location impact their business. We are pleased to recognize AccuWeather for decades of innovation."
"AccuWeather's success was built on a foundation of constant and aggressive innovation," said Trish Mikita, Vice President for Digital Strategy at AccuWeather. "We recognize the value and benefits that come from adopting new technology and working to develop and retain a highly skilled workforce. As a company, we remain committed to these ideals, so we are very proud to receive this recognition as the inaugural Pennsylvania Acceleration Company of the Year."
AccuWeather continues to drive innovation with cutting-edge weather implementations in technologies that include wearable devices, virtual reality, connected vehicles, smart appliances and the smart home. Even as the company pursues innovation, however, it remains fiercely dedicated to the foundation of its success: providing the most reliable and accurate weather forecasts to help people around the world get more out of their day.
That commitment was confirmed in a 2017 study by independent industry tracker ForecastWatch, which demonstrated the Superior Accuracy™ of AccuWeather's forecasts. This analysis of over 30 million forecasts - the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken globally - concluded that AccuWeather had the highest level of accuracy in all three categories ForecastWatch verified, temperature, precipitation and wind.
About the PA Acceleration Project
The PA Acceleration Project is an implementation team speeding broadband, workforce and innovation initiatives across Pennsylvania. The Broadband Implementation team of Dellicker Strategies, Business Information Group and Lewis Strategic has successfully completed nearly 100 regional broadband projects in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. Since 2003, industry pioneer Dellicker Strategies has led broadband aggregation projects for schools, intermediate units, hospitals, doctors, corporations, agencies and communities. For additional information visit www.PAaccelerationProject.com.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Nearly 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Founder and President Dr. Joel Myers Denounces "Inaccurate Information" About Hurricane Florence
- September 19, 2018; 3:15 PM
- "Seeing others comment that Florence will rank among the costliest U.S. hurricanes of all time is flat-out wrong. While it was, in fact, a catastrophic storm for parts of the Carolinas as we predicted it would be, it is important to put Florence's cost and impact into historical context," said Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather. "As an expert on severe weather and its economic, financial and human costs, and adjusting for inflation, I would not put Florence in a list of the top 10 nor even the top 25 costliest hurricanes to ever hit the U.S."
- AccuWeather Ready Program Offers Prep & Recovery Information Online as Hurricane Florence Nears East Coast
- September 11, 2018; 10:00 AM
- Predicted to reach the United States late this week, Hurricane Florence has the potential to join the ranks of the costliest natural disasters in the history of the United States. AccuWeather seeks to help users get ‘AccuWeather Ready' with exclusive weather preparedness information.
- AccuWeather Integrates Foursquare into Latest Update of its Leading Weather App
- August 29, 2018; 9:31 AM
- Users of AccuWeather’s award-winning iOS and Android apps will be able to take advantage of contextually relevant locations and offers based on the weather where they are.
- Statement RE: Today's Miscoded Hurricane Test Warning
- August 10, 2018; 1:48 PM
- This afternoon at 12:37 p.m. EDT AccuWeather passed on a hurricane warning for the southeastern U.S. that was intended to be an internal government test, but the government’s computer coding did not so indicate it was a test and it was inadvertently distributed externally by AccuWeather’s computer system when AccuWeather received the warning. The internal test was redistributed not only by AccuWeather on its AccuWeather app and AccuWeather.com website, but by other weather providers that also pass on government warnings. There is no hurricane warning in effect for the southeastern U.S.
- AccuWeather Ready Program Shares Tropical Storm, Hurricane Prep & Recovery Information Online and Via Live Events in August
- August 01, 2018; 10:30 AM
- As the Atlantic tropical storm season approaches its peak, AccuWeather helps users get ‘AccuWeather Ready’ with exclusive weather preparedness information and weekly live segments on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in addition to news, videos, alerts, and other resources.
- AccuWeather Debuts as Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway, as Two World-Renowned Pennsylvania Brands Partner
- July 27, 2018; 8:42 AM
- AccuWeather is off to a fast start as the presenting partner of Pocono Raceway’s “Worry-Free Weather Guarantee,” and will provide real-time weather updates to keep fans and Raceway personnel safe during its Gander Outdoors 400 race weekend from July 27-29. AccuWeather is now the “Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway.”
- Avoid Future Tragedies Like Branson by Planning Ahead for Severe Weather Risks
- July 25, 2018; 8:46 AM
- What happened in Branson, is a heartbreaking example of what can go wrong – and how quickly it can go wrong – when severe weather strikes. Companies must have a predetermined and coordinated weather-related safety action plan and a trusted partner to help them know when to enact it.
- AccuWeather Wins 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App
- July 02, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, won the 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App for its popular Android app. The APPY Awards are presented by MediaPost Communications. This win marks the second consecutive year that AccuWeather has earned this prestigious distinction.
- GotSoccer.com Scores Deal with AccuWeather to Deliver Most Accurate Weather Forecasts for U.S. Recreational Soccer
- June 27, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of detailed weather forecasts and warnings, and GotSoccer.com are teaming up to provide U.S. Youth Soccer members and their families with easily accessible schedule and forecasting information.
- Comprehensive, Multi-Year Study Reconfirms AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy in Forecasting Wind, Precipitation and Temperatures Worldwide
- June 07, 2018; 3:33 PM
- In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was once again overwhelmingly confirmed as the world’s most accurate source of weather forecasts in the categories of wind, precipitation and high-temperature forecasts.