AccuWeather to Provide Essential Weather Content Worldwide for Entertainment Media Player App, VuLiv
- January 29, 2018; 11:13 AM
AccuWeather provides users with current conditions, 5-day forecast weather information, and more with Superior Accuracy.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - January 29, 2018 - AccuWeather, the fastest growing provider of forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it will provide VuLiv, a mobile-based player app, with detailed weather information for all global locations. AccuWeather will provide weather data, which will power the VuLiv player app on multiple Android smartphone devices. The app will be available to download at the Google Play Store and iTunes.
VuLiv aims to be "one home for entertainment," infusing both on-device and online entertainment content such as music, videos, movies, and weather updates, all on a single platform for the user to consume and avoiding the need to download multiple apps. In addition to being a native on-device media player, VuLiv's machine-learning algorithm studies the user's activity and suggests related online content accordingly. Included on the pre-loaded VuLiv app will be AccuWeather, which will provide current weather conditions, a 5-Day forecast, an hourly forecast up to 120 hours, astronomy, health and lifestyle indices, and weather-related imagery for all global locations including over 630,000 Indian locations. AccuWeather's content is readily available when users engage with their personal or online media, providing them with personalized weather updates, so people can make more informed decisions throughout their day and improve their lives.
"AccuWeather is pleased to be a part of VuLiv's global media viewing experience," said Vincent McDonald, Chief International Strategy Officer at AccuWeather. "As the leading global weather provider, partnering with VuLiv allows us to stay at the forefront of ever-evolving technology and offer our users a unique media viewing experience. The media player will bring weather, entertainment, shopping, and more under one umbrella, allowing us yet another way to provide users all over the world the best and most innovative forecasts available."
Said Manoj Kumar Gupta, Founder of VuLiv, "As consumers spend more and more time viewing audio/video entertainment on their devices, it's important to keep them armed with breaking information regarding weather and the environment around them. With this partnership, VuLiv will not only will provide a rich entertainment watching experience to the consumer, but also real time, accurate weather forecasts from global leader AccuWeather. This ensures that while being engaged in a media viewing experience on-the-go, a consumer is seamlessly well-informed of the changing temperature and weather conditions around the globe to plan outings better, make better decisions, thus helping them save precious time, all from just one platform, VuLiv."
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
VuLiv, a platform used by over 10 million users for a billion minutes of their own device media viewing time, is a new age universal media player and that allows users to uniquely organize, discover, and share users' local media (videos, audio, photos ) all from one application. It also deploys machine learning algorithm to recommend online content basis, offline content viewing and user information on the device. Along with its offline content playback, VuLiv also in-houses video catalogue from multiple genres of entertainment from the most popular publishers of OTT content. Currently serves over 40 million minutes monthly, trending to serve over 500 million minute annually, predominately users on-device videos and music. VuLiv has already seen 100 million video views, 70 million song plays, seeing a 4X growth in online viewers and 25X growth in online viewership. VuLiv has distribution arrangements in place with a cross-section of OEMs and plans to reach the 200 million mark supplemented by aggressive go-to-market in the next 18 months.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Issues Statement of Apology to National Weather Service Employees
- January 17, 2019; 11:42 PM
- An article was published today on AccuWeather.com to reassure consumers and businesses that, despite some media reports, there has been no degradation to the accuracy of our weather forecasts due to the government shutdown. Additionally, the article indicated that National Weather Service forecasters, despite not being paid, continued to issue life-saving weather warnings to protect people and property across the country, and the necessary data continues to flow through government sources. This intent was not well communicated through the article.
- AccuWeather's New RealImpact(TM) Scale for Hurricanes will Revolutionize Damage Predictions for Greater Public Safety
- January 09, 2019; 7:30 PM
- New scale for hurricanes and tropical storms will provide a more comprehensive description of their impact beyond the simple wind speeds scale that has been used to classify the severity of storms for decades.
- Barry Lee Myers Steps Down from AccuWeather
- January 04, 2019; 9:11 AM
- Chief Executive Officer Barry Lee Myers has stepped down as officer and director of AccuWeather and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, effective January 1, 2019. Myers was nominated in late 2017 by President Trump to become Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. In accordance with the ethics pledge from Myers to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and in his testimony and comments made to the U.S. Senate, he has fulfilled his commitment to fully divest himself from AccuWeather and from any and all related interests.
- AccuWeather's Steve Root Receives American Meteorological Society Henry T. Harrison Award for Outstanding Contributions by a Consulting Meteorologist
- December 14, 2018; 6:28 AM
- A well-known expert in building historical and predicted weather data sets to better quantify energy demand, consumer buying behavior, and supply chain management, Root has pioneered unique meteorological applications serving consumers, businesses and governments for more than 30 years.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Gold and Silver Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- December 05, 2018; 10:34 AM
- For the fifth time, digital awards go to AccuWeather for providing a superior weather app experience to users worldwide.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus to Team Members in Celebration of 2018 Growth
- December 03, 2018; 7:21 AM
- Bonus for full- and part-time team members acknowledges Company’s double-digit growth, dedication to saving lives, protecting people and property.
- AccuWeather Appoints Edward Arditte as Chief Financial Officer
- November 21, 2018; 4:40 AM
- Longtime AccuWeather Board Member brings more than 30 years’ experience in finance and operations.
- Get "AccuWeather Ready" for Winter Weather with Critical Safety Information for the Season's Risks
- November 01, 2018; 3:42 PM
- AccuWeather's exclusive cross-platform program provides critical weather information, news, videos, alerts, tools, and more to help users stay informed, prepared and safe in winter conditions.
- AccuWeather Partners with FinTech Sandbox to Foster Innovation in Financial Technology and Services
- October 30, 2018; 8:25 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing weather media and business company in the world, today announced a partnership with FinTech Sandbox, a nonprofit organization that promotes innovation in the financial sector. The collaboration will enable entrepreneurial financial technology firms to access AccuWeather’s superior real-time and historical weather data for a wide range of exciting, transformative and unique ventures.
- AccuWeather Teams with Ströer to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to Germany
- October 24, 2018; 7:00 AM
- AccuWeather and Germany’s digital sales house partner in order to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for advertisers in Germany.