AccuWeather to Provide Essential Weather Content Worldwide for Entertainment Media Player App, VuLiv
- January 29, 2018; 11:13 AM
AccuWeather provides users with current conditions, 5-day forecast weather information, and more with Superior Accuracy.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - January 29, 2018 - AccuWeather, the fastest growing provider of forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it will provide VuLiv, a mobile-based player app, with detailed weather information for all global locations. AccuWeather will provide weather data, which will power the VuLiv player app on multiple Android smartphone devices. The app will be available to download at the Google Play Store and iTunes.
VuLiv aims to be "one home for entertainment," infusing both on-device and online entertainment content such as music, videos, movies, and weather updates, all on a single platform for the user to consume and avoiding the need to download multiple apps. In addition to being a native on-device media player, VuLiv's machine-learning algorithm studies the user's activity and suggests related online content accordingly. Included on the pre-loaded VuLiv app will be AccuWeather, which will provide current weather conditions, a 5-Day forecast, an hourly forecast up to 120 hours, astronomy, health and lifestyle indices, and weather-related imagery for all global locations including over 630,000 Indian locations. AccuWeather's content is readily available when users engage with their personal or online media, providing them with personalized weather updates, so people can make more informed decisions throughout their day and improve their lives.
"AccuWeather is pleased to be a part of VuLiv's global media viewing experience," said Vincent McDonald, Chief International Strategy Officer at AccuWeather. "As the leading global weather provider, partnering with VuLiv allows us to stay at the forefront of ever-evolving technology and offer our users a unique media viewing experience. The media player will bring weather, entertainment, shopping, and more under one umbrella, allowing us yet another way to provide users all over the world the best and most innovative forecasts available."
Said Manoj Kumar Gupta, Founder of VuLiv, "As consumers spend more and more time viewing audio/video entertainment on their devices, it's important to keep them armed with breaking information regarding weather and the environment around them. With this partnership, VuLiv will not only will provide a rich entertainment watching experience to the consumer, but also real time, accurate weather forecasts from global leader AccuWeather. This ensures that while being engaged in a media viewing experience on-the-go, a consumer is seamlessly well-informed of the changing temperature and weather conditions around the globe to plan outings better, make better decisions, thus helping them save precious time, all from just one platform, VuLiv."
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
VuLiv, a platform used by over 10 million users for a billion minutes of their own device media viewing time, is a new age universal media player and that allows users to uniquely organize, discover, and share users' local media (videos, audio, photos ) all from one application. It also deploys machine learning algorithm to recommend online content basis, offline content viewing and user information on the device. Along with its offline content playback, VuLiv also in-houses video catalogue from multiple genres of entertainment from the most popular publishers of OTT content. Currently serves over 40 million minutes monthly, trending to serve over 500 million minute annually, predominately users on-device videos and music. VuLiv has already seen 100 million video views, 70 million song plays, seeing a 4X growth in online viewers and 25X growth in online viewership. VuLiv has distribution arrangements in place with a cross-section of OEMs and plans to reach the 200 million mark supplemented by aggressive go-to-market in the next 18 months.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Founder and President Dr. Joel Myers Denounces "Inaccurate Information" About Hurricane Florence
- September 19, 2018; 3:15 PM
- "Seeing others comment that Florence will rank among the costliest U.S. hurricanes of all time is flat-out wrong. While it was, in fact, a catastrophic storm for parts of the Carolinas as we predicted it would be, it is important to put Florence's cost and impact into historical context," said Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather. "As an expert on severe weather and its economic, financial and human costs, and adjusting for inflation, I would not put Florence in a list of the top 10 nor even the top 25 costliest hurricanes to ever hit the U.S."
- AccuWeather Ready Program Offers Prep & Recovery Information Online as Hurricane Florence Nears East Coast
- September 11, 2018; 10:00 AM
- Predicted to reach the United States late this week, Hurricane Florence has the potential to join the ranks of the costliest natural disasters in the history of the United States. AccuWeather seeks to help users get ‘AccuWeather Ready' with exclusive weather preparedness information.
- AccuWeather Integrates Foursquare into Latest Update of its Leading Weather App
- August 29, 2018; 9:31 AM
- Users of AccuWeather’s award-winning iOS and Android apps will be able to take advantage of contextually relevant locations and offers based on the weather where they are.
- Statement RE: Today's Miscoded Hurricane Test Warning
- August 10, 2018; 1:48 PM
- This afternoon at 12:37 p.m. EDT AccuWeather passed on a hurricane warning for the southeastern U.S. that was intended to be an internal government test, but the government’s computer coding did not so indicate it was a test and it was inadvertently distributed externally by AccuWeather’s computer system when AccuWeather received the warning. The internal test was redistributed not only by AccuWeather on its AccuWeather app and AccuWeather.com website, but by other weather providers that also pass on government warnings. There is no hurricane warning in effect for the southeastern U.S.
- AccuWeather Ready Program Shares Tropical Storm, Hurricane Prep & Recovery Information Online and Via Live Events in August
- August 01, 2018; 10:30 AM
- As the Atlantic tropical storm season approaches its peak, AccuWeather helps users get ‘AccuWeather Ready’ with exclusive weather preparedness information and weekly live segments on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in addition to news, videos, alerts, and other resources.
- AccuWeather Debuts as Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway, as Two World-Renowned Pennsylvania Brands Partner
- July 27, 2018; 8:42 AM
- AccuWeather is off to a fast start as the presenting partner of Pocono Raceway’s “Worry-Free Weather Guarantee,” and will provide real-time weather updates to keep fans and Raceway personnel safe during its Gander Outdoors 400 race weekend from July 27-29. AccuWeather is now the “Official Weather Service Provider of Pocono Raceway.”
- Avoid Future Tragedies Like Branson by Planning Ahead for Severe Weather Risks
- July 25, 2018; 8:46 AM
- What happened in Branson, is a heartbreaking example of what can go wrong – and how quickly it can go wrong – when severe weather strikes. Companies must have a predetermined and coordinated weather-related safety action plan and a trusted partner to help them know when to enact it.
- AccuWeather Wins 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App
- July 02, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world and a leader in digital media and weather-related big data, won the 2018 APPY Award for Best Weather App for its popular Android app. The APPY Awards are presented by MediaPost Communications. This win marks the second consecutive year that AccuWeather has earned this prestigious distinction.
- GotSoccer.com Scores Deal with AccuWeather to Deliver Most Accurate Weather Forecasts for U.S. Recreational Soccer
- June 27, 2018; 8:20 AM
- AccuWeather, the world's largest, fastest-growing and most accurate source of detailed weather forecasts and warnings, and GotSoccer.com are teaming up to provide U.S. Youth Soccer members and their families with easily accessible schedule and forecasting information.
- Comprehensive, Multi-Year Study Reconfirms AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy in Forecasting Wind, Precipitation and Temperatures Worldwide
- June 07, 2018; 3:33 PM
- In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was once again overwhelmingly confirmed as the world’s most accurate source of weather forecasts in the categories of wind, precipitation and high-temperature forecasts.