AccuWeather Teams with Ströer to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to Germany
- October 24, 2018; 7:00 AM
AccuWeather and Germany's digital sales house partner in order to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for advertisers in Germany.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - October 8, 2018 - AccuWeather, the world's fastest-growing provider and verified as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings and also a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has appointed Ströer as its digital advertising sales partner in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
AccuWeather is the leading mobile weather information source worldwide, and receives more than 300 million unique monthly visitors from around the world. Ströer, a leading digital multi-channel media company, is ideally suited to help brands and agencies that serve audiences in Germany benefit from AccuWeather's ability to deliver customized messages, with an unprecedented level of relevancy, to tightly targeted audiences across platforms and meet strategic campaign objectives.
"Weather has a powerful psychological as well as a practical impact on people," said Brian Lavery, Managing Director, Europe, at AccuWeather. "It affects how we feel, and how we plan our lives - whether we're deciding what to wear, how to get to work, or where to go on holiday. This new partnership is a great match for both us and Ströer, and we are excited to begin our journey to help leading brands connect with our audiences in Germany."
"We are very pleased that AccuWeather has decided to work with us as a digital marketing partner in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The mandate and the trust placed in it strengthen our successful work. AccuWeather`s portfolio perfectly complements our weather segment and reaches excellent target groups," said Tobias Conrad, Managing Director Publisher & Portfolio Management Ströer Digital.
AccuWeather's targeted, solution-based campaigns maximize the exclusive benefits of AccuWeather's massive multi-platform audience reach across award-winning mobile applications, web, mobile web, radio, television, newspapers, connected TVs, place-based media, and more. AccuWeather's comprehensive big data capabilities provide tailored, targeted, and programmatic advertising platforms and packages, ensuring advertisers effectively deliver the right message to a relevant audience.
The partnership with Ströer follows the opening of AccuWeather's European office in Dublin in 2017, and similar partnerships in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, and Italy. As the world's most trusted weather brand, AccuWeather's more detailed forecasts, both in location and time, such as MinuteCast® precipitation forecasts up to two hours and our hour-by- hour forecasts, provide more actionable information to enable people to plan their lives.
These benefits enhance the value of AccuWeather's demonstrated Superior Accuracy in forecasting. In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was reconfirmed as the most accurate source of forecasts and warnings over the next five favorite weather sources in the categories of windspeed, precipitation and high temperatures worldwide. Independent industry tracker ForecastWatch gathered forecast data including 95 million forecasts from 1,140 locations over a three-year period ending in December 31, 2017, and AccuWeather demonstrated the consistency and reliability of its forecasts, proving its wind speed accuracy to be 33% accurate, its precipitation forecasts to be 21% more accurate, and its high temperature forecasts to be 10 percent more than the next ranked provider's, respectively.
To learn more about advertising with AccuWeather, visit www.AccuWeather.com/MediaKit
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers-considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology," the nation's most respected source on the business of meteorology having been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times, and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history in Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs-AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
Ströer is a leading digital multi-channel media company and offers its customers end-to-end solutions along the entire marketing and sales value chain. Ströer's objective is to be the most customer-centric media company. The addition of dialog marketing enables Ströer to offer customers holistic performance-based solutions ranging from location or content-specific reach and interaction across the entire spectrum of dialog marketing through to transactions. Furthermore, in digital publishing, the Company publishes premium content across all digital channels, offering one of Germany's widest reaching networks with its t-online.de and special interest sites.
The Ströer Group commercializes and operates several thousand websites in German-speaking countries in particular and operates approximately 300,000 advertising media in the out-of-home segment. The Ströer Group has approximately 13,000 employees at over 100 locations. In fiscal year 2017, Ströer generated revenue of EUR 1.33 b. Ströer SE & Co. KGaA is listed in Deutsche Börse's SDAX.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.stroeer.com.
# # #
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.
- After Year of Explosive Video Growth, AccuWeather Partners with JW Player to Expand Further
- April 19, 2019; 1:49 PM
- Companies team up as AccuWeather seeks to build on recent record of 300% growth in video views across all devices.
- AccuWeather Partners with Local ABC Stations in Support of 2019 National #DressForSTEM Campaign
- March 14, 2019; 9:43 AM
- AccuWeather Network Programming, Meteorologists and Broadcasters to Highlight Importance of Advancement for Women in Science and Technology Careers. AccuWeather Teams Nationwide to Wear Purple to Celebrate Women in STEM
- With More Severe Weather Ahead this Week, AccuWeather Warns Mississippi Valley Residents, Businesses to Plan Now and Avoid Death, Injury, Destruction
- March 08, 2019; 3:38 PM
- When severe weather spins up quickly, a trusted weather partner provides the most accurate weather warnings, helps businesses develop an emergency action plan with the confidence to know when to enact it. Said Jonathan Porter, “It is still early in the season with many more storms anticipated, and it only takes one destructive severe weather event to wreak havoc on a family, a home, a business or a community.”