AccuWeather Teams with Ströer to Bring Unmatched Advertising Opportunities to Germany
- October 24, 2018; 7:00 AM
AccuWeather and Germany's digital sales house partner in order to deliver more effective, targeted messages to users for advertisers in Germany.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - October 8, 2018 - AccuWeather, the world's fastest-growing provider and verified as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings and also a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that it has appointed Ströer as its digital advertising sales partner in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
AccuWeather is the leading mobile weather information source worldwide, and receives more than 300 million unique monthly visitors from around the world. Ströer, a leading digital multi-channel media company, is ideally suited to help brands and agencies that serve audiences in Germany benefit from AccuWeather's ability to deliver customized messages, with an unprecedented level of relevancy, to tightly targeted audiences across platforms and meet strategic campaign objectives.
"Weather has a powerful psychological as well as a practical impact on people," said Brian Lavery, Managing Director, Europe, at AccuWeather. "It affects how we feel, and how we plan our lives - whether we're deciding what to wear, how to get to work, or where to go on holiday. This new partnership is a great match for both us and Ströer, and we are excited to begin our journey to help leading brands connect with our audiences in Germany."
"We are very pleased that AccuWeather has decided to work with us as a digital marketing partner in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The mandate and the trust placed in it strengthen our successful work. AccuWeather`s portfolio perfectly complements our weather segment and reaches excellent target groups," said Tobias Conrad, Managing Director Publisher & Portfolio Management Ströer Digital.
AccuWeather's targeted, solution-based campaigns maximize the exclusive benefits of AccuWeather's massive multi-platform audience reach across award-winning mobile applications, web, mobile web, radio, television, newspapers, connected TVs, place-based media, and more. AccuWeather's comprehensive big data capabilities provide tailored, targeted, and programmatic advertising platforms and packages, ensuring advertisers effectively deliver the right message to a relevant audience.
The partnership with Ströer follows the opening of AccuWeather's European office in Dublin in 2017, and similar partnerships in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, and Italy. As the world's most trusted weather brand, AccuWeather's more detailed forecasts, both in location and time, such as MinuteCast® precipitation forecasts up to two hours and our hour-by- hour forecasts, provide more actionable information to enable people to plan their lives.
These benefits enhance the value of AccuWeather's demonstrated Superior Accuracy in forecasting. In the most comprehensive study of forecast accuracy ever undertaken, AccuWeather was reconfirmed as the most accurate source of forecasts and warnings over the next five favorite weather sources in the categories of windspeed, precipitation and high temperatures worldwide. Independent industry tracker ForecastWatch gathered forecast data including 95 million forecasts from 1,140 locations over a three-year period ending in December 31, 2017, and AccuWeather demonstrated the consistency and reliability of its forecasts, proving its wind speed accuracy to be 33% accurate, its precipitation forecasts to be 21% more accurate, and its high temperature forecasts to be 10 percent more than the next ranked provider's, respectively.
To learn more about advertising with AccuWeather, visit www.AccuWeather.com/MediaKit
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers-considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology," the nation's most respected source on the business of meteorology having been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times, and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history in Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs-AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
Ströer is a leading digital multi-channel media company and offers its customers end-to-end solutions along the entire marketing and sales value chain. Ströer's objective is to be the most customer-centric media company. The addition of dialog marketing enables Ströer to offer customers holistic performance-based solutions ranging from location or content-specific reach and interaction across the entire spectrum of dialog marketing through to transactions. Furthermore, in digital publishing, the Company publishes premium content across all digital channels, offering one of Germany's widest reaching networks with its t-online.de and special interest sites.
The Ströer Group commercializes and operates several thousand websites in German-speaking countries in particular and operates approximately 300,000 advertising media in the out-of-home segment. The Ströer Group has approximately 13,000 employees at over 100 locations. In fiscal year 2017, Ströer generated revenue of EUR 1.33 b. Ströer SE & Co. KGaA is listed in Deutsche Börse's SDAX.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.stroeer.com.
# # #
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer, Named to IAB Data Center of Excellence Board
- February 08, 2019; 8:52 AM
- Danetz brings extensive experience to the IAB Data Center of Excellence, a trade group that enhances data resources for the digital media, marketing and advertising industries. His membership deepens AccuWeather’s proactive engagement in developing and promoting practices and standards that protect consumers while supporting business innovation and growth.
- World's Most Trusted Weather Brand AccuWeather Receives Tabby Award for Top Weather App
- February 07, 2019; 9:29 AM
- Receiving a Tabby Award places the AccuWeather app among the “best of the best of best” in a massive market of more than 4.7 million apps.
- AccuWeather Promotes John Dokes to Chief Content Officer & President of AccuWeather Network, Announces Strategic Reorganization
- February 06, 2019; 9:15 AM
- Media Content Group and new role of Chief Content Officer established to ensure quality, consistency and reliability of content across expanding news, video properties and growing AccuWeather Network.
- AccuWeather Issues Statement of Apology to National Weather Service Employees
- January 17, 2019; 11:42 PM
- An article was published today on AccuWeather.com to reassure consumers and businesses that, despite some media reports, there has been no degradation to the accuracy of our weather forecasts due to the government shutdown. Additionally, the article indicated that National Weather Service forecasters, despite not being paid, continued to issue life-saving weather warnings to protect people and property across the country, and the necessary data continues to flow through government sources. This intent was not well communicated through the article.
- AccuWeather's New RealImpact(TM) Scale for Hurricanes will Revolutionize Damage Predictions for Greater Public Safety
- January 09, 2019; 7:30 PM
- New scale for hurricanes and tropical storms will provide a more comprehensive description of their impact beyond the simple wind speeds scale that has been used to classify the severity of storms for decades.
- Barry Lee Myers Steps Down from AccuWeather
- January 04, 2019; 9:11 AM
- Chief Executive Officer Barry Lee Myers has stepped down as officer and director of AccuWeather and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, effective January 1, 2019. Myers was nominated in late 2017 by President Trump to become Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. In accordance with the ethics pledge from Myers to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and in his testimony and comments made to the U.S. Senate, he has fulfilled his commitment to fully divest himself from AccuWeather and from any and all related interests.
- AccuWeather's Steve Root Receives American Meteorological Society Henry T. Harrison Award for Outstanding Contributions by a Consulting Meteorologist
- December 14, 2018; 6:28 AM
- A well-known expert in building historical and predicted weather data sets to better quantify energy demand, consumer buying behavior, and supply chain management, Root has pioneered unique meteorological applications serving consumers, businesses and governments for more than 30 years.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Gold and Silver Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- December 05, 2018; 10:34 AM
- For the fifth time, digital awards go to AccuWeather for providing a superior weather app experience to users worldwide.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus to Team Members in Celebration of 2018 Growth
- December 03, 2018; 7:21 AM
- Bonus for full- and part-time team members acknowledges Company’s double-digit growth, dedication to saving lives, protecting people and property.
- AccuWeather Appoints Edward Arditte as Chief Financial Officer
- November 21, 2018; 4:40 AM
- Longtime AccuWeather Board Member brings more than 30 years’ experience in finance and operations.