AccuWeather Appoints Edward Arditte as Chief Financial Officer
- November 21, 2018; 4:40 AM
Longtime AccuWeather Board Member brings more than 30 years' experience in finance and operations.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - November 21, 2018 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather media and business company, today announced that long-time Board Member Edward Arditte has joined its leadership team as Chief Financial Officer. Arditte has decades of experience in finance and operations at large global companies including Fairway Market, Tyco International Ltd., and Textron, Inc. Arditte succeeds Steven Hickson, who departs the company to relocate full-time back to Atlanta from AccuWeather's corporate headquarters in State College, Pa.
In his management role at AccuWeather, Arditte is responsible for directing all financial activities and is a member of the company's executive team overseeing AccuWeather's leadership and continued expansion as the largest source of weather forecasts and warnings globally. Arditte already has great familiarity with AccuWeather's internal structure and operations, having served as a Board Member since 2014, actively engaged in stewardship of compensation, auditing and other matters.
"We are so pleased to welcome Ed to AccuWeather as the newest addition to my executive team," stated Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather. "As an active and engaged Board Member, Ed's leadership and guidance over the years have been greatly valued. We welcome this new opportunity to leverage Ed's vast financial expertise full-time as we continue to adapt to a rapidly changing social media and digital world and expand as a strong and profitable company."
Said Arditte, "I'm delighted to be contributing to AccuWeather in this new capacity. Consistently, AccuWeather has distinguished itself as a company steeped in innovation and steady financial growth, while helping people and business make the best decisions when weather is a factor. I'm particularly excited about the chance to work even more closely with AccuWeather's talented leadership team to help the company maintain its competitive edge while delivering new and exciting products and services known for their Superior Accuracy and value."
Prior to joining AccuWeather, Arditte was Co-president and Chief Financial Officer for Fairway Market, a New York-based company that operates 15 specialty stores in the greater New York area. Arditte played a critical role in the company's IPO in 2013. He was also Senior Vice President at Tyco, where he oversaw strategy, investor relations and communications. Arditte also spent 16 years at Textron, Inc. in a variety of roles, including Vice President and Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer of a major operating division, and Vice President of Investor Relations and Risk Management. He has also served as the Chief Financial Officer of BancBoston Capital, the private equity division of Fleet National Bank, which later became a part of Bank of America.
Arditte earned a B.A. degree from the University of California at Riverside and an M.B.A. degree from Boston University.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers-considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology," the nation's most respected source on the business of meteorology having been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times, and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history in Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs-AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
# # #
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.
- After Year of Explosive Video Growth, AccuWeather Partners with JW Player to Expand Further
- April 19, 2019; 1:49 PM
- Companies team up as AccuWeather seeks to build on recent record of 300% growth in video views across all devices.
- AccuWeather Partners with Local ABC Stations in Support of 2019 National #DressForSTEM Campaign
- March 14, 2019; 9:43 AM
- AccuWeather Network Programming, Meteorologists and Broadcasters to Highlight Importance of Advancement for Women in Science and Technology Careers. AccuWeather Teams Nationwide to Wear Purple to Celebrate Women in STEM
- With More Severe Weather Ahead this Week, AccuWeather Warns Mississippi Valley Residents, Businesses to Plan Now and Avoid Death, Injury, Destruction
- March 08, 2019; 3:38 PM
- When severe weather spins up quickly, a trusted weather partner provides the most accurate weather warnings, helps businesses develop an emergency action plan with the confidence to know when to enact it. Said Jonathan Porter, “It is still early in the season with many more storms anticipated, and it only takes one destructive severe weather event to wreak havoc on a family, a home, a business or a community.”