AccuWeather Appoints Edward Arditte as Chief Financial Officer
- November 21, 2018; 4:40 AM
Longtime AccuWeather Board Member brings more than 30 years' experience in finance and operations.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - November 21, 2018 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather media and business company, today announced that long-time Board Member Edward Arditte has joined its leadership team as Chief Financial Officer. Arditte has decades of experience in finance and operations at large global companies including Fairway Market, Tyco International Ltd., and Textron, Inc. Arditte succeeds Steven Hickson, who departs the company to relocate full-time back to Atlanta from AccuWeather's corporate headquarters in State College, Pa.
In his management role at AccuWeather, Arditte is responsible for directing all financial activities and is a member of the company's executive team overseeing AccuWeather's leadership and continued expansion as the largest source of weather forecasts and warnings globally. Arditte already has great familiarity with AccuWeather's internal structure and operations, having served as a Board Member since 2014, actively engaged in stewardship of compensation, auditing and other matters.
"We are so pleased to welcome Ed to AccuWeather as the newest addition to my executive team," stated Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather. "As an active and engaged Board Member, Ed's leadership and guidance over the years have been greatly valued. We welcome this new opportunity to leverage Ed's vast financial expertise full-time as we continue to adapt to a rapidly changing social media and digital world and expand as a strong and profitable company."
Said Arditte, "I'm delighted to be contributing to AccuWeather in this new capacity. Consistently, AccuWeather has distinguished itself as a company steeped in innovation and steady financial growth, while helping people and business make the best decisions when weather is a factor. I'm particularly excited about the chance to work even more closely with AccuWeather's talented leadership team to help the company maintain its competitive edge while delivering new and exciting products and services known for their Superior Accuracy and value."
Prior to joining AccuWeather, Arditte was Co-president and Chief Financial Officer for Fairway Market, a New York-based company that operates 15 specialty stores in the greater New York area. Arditte played a critical role in the company's IPO in 2013. He was also Senior Vice President at Tyco, where he oversaw strategy, investor relations and communications. Arditte also spent 16 years at Textron, Inc. in a variety of roles, including Vice President and Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer of a major operating division, and Vice President of Investor Relations and Risk Management. He has also served as the Chief Financial Officer of BancBoston Capital, the private equity division of Fleet National Bank, which later became a part of Bank of America.
Arditte earned a B.A. degree from the University of California at Riverside and an M.B.A. degree from Boston University.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers-considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology," the nation's most respected source on the business of meteorology having been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times, and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history in Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs-AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
# # #
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Partners with Local ABC Stations in Support of 2019 National #DressForSTEM Campaign
- March 14, 2019; 9:43 AM
- AccuWeather Network Programming, Meteorologists and Broadcasters to Highlight Importance of Advancement for Women in Science and Technology Careers. AccuWeather Teams Nationwide to Wear Purple to Celebrate Women in STEM
- With More Severe Weather Ahead this Week, AccuWeather Warns Mississippi Valley Residents, Businesses to Plan Now and Avoid Death, Injury, Destruction
- March 08, 2019; 3:38 PM
- When severe weather spins up quickly, a trusted weather partner provides the most accurate weather warnings, helps businesses develop an emergency action plan with the confidence to know when to enact it. Said Jonathan Porter, “It is still early in the season with many more storms anticipated, and it only takes one destructive severe weather event to wreak havoc on a family, a home, a business or a community.”
- AccuWeather Correctly Predicts 2018 Holiday Sales Would See Lower Bump than National Retail Federation Estimates
- February 25, 2019; 3:19 AM
- AccuWeather’s D3 Data Driven Decisions predictive analytics model includes the influence of weather in addition to purely economic indicators and proved most accurate in predicting holiday sales outcomes for the second consecutive year.
- Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer, Named to IAB Data Center of Excellence Board
- February 08, 2019; 8:52 AM
- Danetz brings extensive experience to the IAB Data Center of Excellence, a trade group that enhances data resources for the digital media, marketing and advertising industries. His membership deepens AccuWeather’s proactive engagement in developing and promoting practices and standards that protect consumers while supporting business innovation and growth.
- World's Most Trusted Weather Brand AccuWeather Receives Tabby Award for Top Weather App
- February 07, 2019; 9:29 AM
- Receiving a Tabby Award places the AccuWeather app among the “best of the best of best” in a massive market of more than 4.7 million apps.
- AccuWeather Promotes John Dokes to Chief Content Officer & President of AccuWeather Network, Announces Strategic Reorganization
- February 06, 2019; 9:15 AM
- Media Content Group and new role of Chief Content Officer established to ensure quality, consistency and reliability of content across expanding news, video properties and growing AccuWeather Network.
- AccuWeather Issues Statement of Apology to National Weather Service Employees
- January 17, 2019; 11:42 PM
- An article was published today on AccuWeather.com to reassure consumers and businesses that, despite some media reports, there has been no degradation to the accuracy of our weather forecasts due to the government shutdown. Additionally, the article indicated that National Weather Service forecasters, despite not being paid, continued to issue life-saving weather warnings to protect people and property across the country, and the necessary data continues to flow through government sources. This intent was not well communicated through the article.
- AccuWeather's New RealImpact(TM) Scale for Hurricanes will Revolutionize Damage Predictions for Greater Public Safety
- January 09, 2019; 7:30 PM
- New scale for hurricanes and tropical storms will provide a more comprehensive description of their impact beyond the simple wind speeds scale that has been used to classify the severity of storms for decades.
- Barry Lee Myers Steps Down from AccuWeather
- January 04, 2019; 9:11 AM
- Chief Executive Officer Barry Lee Myers has stepped down as officer and director of AccuWeather and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, effective January 1, 2019. Myers was nominated in late 2017 by President Trump to become Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. In accordance with the ethics pledge from Myers to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and in his testimony and comments made to the U.S. Senate, he has fulfilled his commitment to fully divest himself from AccuWeather and from any and all related interests.
- AccuWeather's Steve Root Receives American Meteorological Society Henry T. Harrison Award for Outstanding Contributions by a Consulting Meteorologist
- December 14, 2018; 6:28 AM
- A well-known expert in building historical and predicted weather data sets to better quantify energy demand, consumer buying behavior, and supply chain management, Root has pioneered unique meteorological applications serving consumers, businesses and governments for more than 30 years.