AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus to Team Members in Celebration of 2018 Growth
- December 03, 2018; 7:21 AM
Bonus for full- and part-time team members acknowledges Company's double-digit growth, dedication to saving lives, protecting people and property.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - December 3, 2018 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing weather media company and global leader in weather-related big data, business and analytics, today announced that it will be granting a special year-end bonus to team members for the second consecutive year.
AccuWeather said the bonus is to show appreciation for the dedication and commitment by each team member that led to the company's growth and solid progress on key initiatives in the 2018 fiscal year as well as a nod to a robust U.S. economy since the passage of the 2017 Tax Reform Bill.
The bonus for each AccuWeather team member is over and above other compensation, benefits and year-end bonuses to which they may be entitled. Part-time employees will also receive a special year-end bonus from AccuWeather. Dr. Joel Myers, AccuWeather Founder and President said last year all team members received the special bonus following the tax cut; this year the special year-end bonus is focused on the staff and not the executive leadership team.
"Our people are the heart and soul of our success, and this special bonus is our way to acknowledge our talented team who work 24X7 to keep people safe and informed and help them protect their families, property and businesses," Myers said. "Providing weather forecasts and products with superior value begins with a team that we respect and value. This bonus helps put an exclamation point behind that statement."
Myers said he is proud of what AccuWeather has achieved throughout the year especially before, during and after major high-impact weather events. "We had many accomplishments, for example, our performance during the March Nor'easters and during the hurricane season. AccuWeather achieved many milestones and achievements in 2018, including significantly expanding the reach and availability of the AccuWeather Network on DIRECTV®'s channel lineup in addition to availability on Verizon Fios and Frontier cable systems."
Further, Myers added that AccuWeather was reconfirmed by independent industry tracker ForecastWatch® as the most accurate source of weather forecasts globally. And more recently, an independent study proved that AccuWeather mobile apps for both iOS and Android provide push notification alerts for severe weather events faster than any other source by a significant margin, which is critical when seconds count to make life-saving decisions.
"These accomplishments are just some of the ways we help people and businesses make the best decisions when weather is a factor," said Myers. "Being able to grant this bonus is a direct result of the exemplary detail, entrepreneurship, creativity, work ethic and teamwork, which is reflected in our financial performance."
Myers said AccuWeather's double-digit growth in 2018 combined with the strong U.S. economy further impacted the decision of his leadership team to make year-end bonuses available to team members.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers-considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology," the nation's most respected source on the business of meteorology having been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times, and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history in Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs-AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.# # #
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Partners with Local ABC Stations in Support of 2019 National #DressForSTEM Campaign
- March 14, 2019; 9:43 AM
- AccuWeather Network Programming, Meteorologists and Broadcasters to Highlight Importance of Advancement for Women in Science and Technology Careers. AccuWeather Teams Nationwide to Wear Purple to Celebrate Women in STEM
- With More Severe Weather Ahead this Week, AccuWeather Warns Mississippi Valley Residents, Businesses to Plan Now and Avoid Death, Injury, Destruction
- March 08, 2019; 3:38 PM
- When severe weather spins up quickly, a trusted weather partner provides the most accurate weather warnings, helps businesses develop an emergency action plan with the confidence to know when to enact it. Said Jonathan Porter, “It is still early in the season with many more storms anticipated, and it only takes one destructive severe weather event to wreak havoc on a family, a home, a business or a community.”
- AccuWeather Correctly Predicts 2018 Holiday Sales Would See Lower Bump than National Retail Federation Estimates
- February 25, 2019; 3:19 AM
- AccuWeather’s D3 Data Driven Decisions predictive analytics model includes the influence of weather in addition to purely economic indicators and proved most accurate in predicting holiday sales outcomes for the second consecutive year.
- Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer, Named to IAB Data Center of Excellence Board
- February 08, 2019; 8:52 AM
- Danetz brings extensive experience to the IAB Data Center of Excellence, a trade group that enhances data resources for the digital media, marketing and advertising industries. His membership deepens AccuWeather’s proactive engagement in developing and promoting practices and standards that protect consumers while supporting business innovation and growth.
- World's Most Trusted Weather Brand AccuWeather Receives Tabby Award for Top Weather App
- February 07, 2019; 9:29 AM
- Receiving a Tabby Award places the AccuWeather app among the “best of the best of best” in a massive market of more than 4.7 million apps.
- AccuWeather Promotes John Dokes to Chief Content Officer & President of AccuWeather Network, Announces Strategic Reorganization
- February 06, 2019; 9:15 AM
- Media Content Group and new role of Chief Content Officer established to ensure quality, consistency and reliability of content across expanding news, video properties and growing AccuWeather Network.
- AccuWeather Issues Statement of Apology to National Weather Service Employees
- January 17, 2019; 11:42 PM
- An article was published today on AccuWeather.com to reassure consumers and businesses that, despite some media reports, there has been no degradation to the accuracy of our weather forecasts due to the government shutdown. Additionally, the article indicated that National Weather Service forecasters, despite not being paid, continued to issue life-saving weather warnings to protect people and property across the country, and the necessary data continues to flow through government sources. This intent was not well communicated through the article.
- AccuWeather's New RealImpact(TM) Scale for Hurricanes will Revolutionize Damage Predictions for Greater Public Safety
- January 09, 2019; 7:30 PM
- New scale for hurricanes and tropical storms will provide a more comprehensive description of their impact beyond the simple wind speeds scale that has been used to classify the severity of storms for decades.
- Barry Lee Myers Steps Down from AccuWeather
- January 04, 2019; 9:11 AM
- Chief Executive Officer Barry Lee Myers has stepped down as officer and director of AccuWeather and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, effective January 1, 2019. Myers was nominated in late 2017 by President Trump to become Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. In accordance with the ethics pledge from Myers to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and in his testimony and comments made to the U.S. Senate, he has fulfilled his commitment to fully divest himself from AccuWeather and from any and all related interests.
- AccuWeather's Steve Root Receives American Meteorological Society Henry T. Harrison Award for Outstanding Contributions by a Consulting Meteorologist
- December 14, 2018; 6:28 AM
- A well-known expert in building historical and predicted weather data sets to better quantify energy demand, consumer buying behavior, and supply chain management, Root has pioneered unique meteorological applications serving consumers, businesses and governments for more than 30 years.