AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus to Team Members in Celebration of 2018 Growth
- December 03, 2018; 7:21 AM
Bonus for full- and part-time team members acknowledges Company's double-digit growth, dedication to saving lives, protecting people and property.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - December 3, 2018 - AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing weather media company and global leader in weather-related big data, business and analytics, today announced that it will be granting a special year-end bonus to team members for the second consecutive year.
AccuWeather said the bonus is to show appreciation for the dedication and commitment by each team member that led to the company's growth and solid progress on key initiatives in the 2018 fiscal year as well as a nod to a robust U.S. economy since the passage of the 2017 Tax Reform Bill.
The bonus for each AccuWeather team member is over and above other compensation, benefits and year-end bonuses to which they may be entitled. Part-time employees will also receive a special year-end bonus from AccuWeather. Dr. Joel Myers, AccuWeather Founder and President said last year all team members received the special bonus following the tax cut; this year the special year-end bonus is focused on the staff and not the executive leadership team.
"Our people are the heart and soul of our success, and this special bonus is our way to acknowledge our talented team who work 24X7 to keep people safe and informed and help them protect their families, property and businesses," Myers said. "Providing weather forecasts and products with superior value begins with a team that we respect and value. This bonus helps put an exclamation point behind that statement."
Myers said he is proud of what AccuWeather has achieved throughout the year especially before, during and after major high-impact weather events. "We had many accomplishments, for example, our performance during the March Nor'easters and during the hurricane season. AccuWeather achieved many milestones and achievements in 2018, including significantly expanding the reach and availability of the AccuWeather Network on DIRECTV®'s channel lineup in addition to availability on Verizon Fios and Frontier cable systems."
Further, Myers added that AccuWeather was reconfirmed by independent industry tracker ForecastWatch® as the most accurate source of weather forecasts globally. And more recently, an independent study proved that AccuWeather mobile apps for both iOS and Android provide push notification alerts for severe weather events faster than any other source by a significant margin, which is critical when seconds count to make life-saving decisions.
"These accomplishments are just some of the ways we help people and businesses make the best decisions when weather is a factor," said Myers. "Being able to grant this bonus is a direct result of the exemplary detail, entrepreneurship, creativity, work ethic and teamwork, which is reflected in our financial performance."
Myers said AccuWeather's double-digit growth in 2018 combined with the strong U.S. economy further impacted the decision of his leadership team to make year-end bonuses available to team members.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
More than 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Established in 1962 by Founder, President and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers-considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology," the nation's most respected source on the business of meteorology having been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times, and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history in Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs-AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.# # #
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.
- After Year of Explosive Video Growth, AccuWeather Partners with JW Player to Expand Further
- April 19, 2019; 1:49 PM
- Companies team up as AccuWeather seeks to build on recent record of 300% growth in video views across all devices.
- AccuWeather Partners with Local ABC Stations in Support of 2019 National #DressForSTEM Campaign
- March 14, 2019; 9:43 AM
- AccuWeather Network Programming, Meteorologists and Broadcasters to Highlight Importance of Advancement for Women in Science and Technology Careers. AccuWeather Teams Nationwide to Wear Purple to Celebrate Women in STEM
- With More Severe Weather Ahead this Week, AccuWeather Warns Mississippi Valley Residents, Businesses to Plan Now and Avoid Death, Injury, Destruction
- March 08, 2019; 3:38 PM
- When severe weather spins up quickly, a trusted weather partner provides the most accurate weather warnings, helps businesses develop an emergency action plan with the confidence to know when to enact it. Said Jonathan Porter, “It is still early in the season with many more storms anticipated, and it only takes one destructive severe weather event to wreak havoc on a family, a home, a business or a community.”