Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer, Named to IAB Data Center of Excellence Board
- February 08, 2019; 8:52 AM
Danetz brings extensive experience to the IAB Data Center of Excellence, a trade group that enhances data resources for the digital media, marketing and advertising industries.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - February 8, 2019 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather media company as well as the leader in weather-related data, business and analytics, today announced that Global Chief Revenue Officer Eric Danetz has joined the board of the Interactive Advertising Bureau's (IAB) Data Center of Excellence.
Known worldwide for forecasts and warnings with proven Superior Accuracy™, AccuWeather was one of the first enterprises to leverage data in a meaningful way for business and marketers, and has the world's largest collection of weather data.
Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer
An independently funded unit within IAB, the Data Center of Excellence was founded to expand existing IAB resources and drive the "data agenda" for the digital media, marketing, and advertising industry. Its mission is to help advertisers and marketers operationalize their data assets, while maintaining quality, transparency, accountability and consumer protection. IAB comprises more than 650 leading media and technology companies responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing campaigns.
Danetz's membership on the board broadens AccuWeather's proactive engagement in developing and promoting data practices and standards that protect consumers while supporting business innovation and growth. "I am extremely excited to help develop and implement best practices for data usage in our industry," said Danetz.
"The last few years have revolutionized the potential benefits and risks inherent in using data," Danetz said. "AccuWeather understands that this transformation also increases the importance of privacy and brand safety. As we use data to improve consumer experiences as well as expand contextually relevant ad products, partnering with other innovators like Foursquare and Beemray, AccuWeather is dedicated to being a compliant, transparent, and accountable organization. Joining the IAB Data Center of Excellence board will help us garner valuable insights on potential issues and trends, share the experiences and lessons we've learned, and work with other leaders to ensure the positive growth of our industry."
In addition to obtaining representation on the IAB Data Center of Excellence board, AccuWeather is working with the IAB in other ways to enhance the industry. AccuWeather was a VIP sponsor for the IAB Annual Leadership Summit in Phoenix, Arizona, and other activities are planned for 2019.
"We look forward to adding Eric's dynamic thinking and creativity to the IAB Data Center of Excellence Board," said Orchid Richardson, Vice President and Managing Director of the IAB Data Center of Excellence. "This board is focused on best practices for using data effectively in the supply chain - all to the benefit of publishers, brands, and consumers. We are pleased to have Eric on our team to tap into his expertise and leadership in this space to advance this objective."
Prior to joining AccuWeather, Danetz was Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Inc. International, where he managed a multi-platform portfolio of more than 90 brands in 170 countries, published in 19 different languages. His other previous roles include Group Publisher of Fortune & Money; EVP, Chief Revenue Officer at Defy Media; and executive leadership positions at Newsweek, The Daily Beast, CBS Interactive, CNET and Ziff Davis.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through radio, television, newspapers, smart phones, tablets, connected TVs, the AccuWeather Network and AccuWeather.com. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather's many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Furthermore, AccuWeather serves 245 of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology." Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather™, AccuWeather MinuteCast®, Minute by Minute™ and Superior Accuracy™ are all trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc.
The AccuWeather app for Android phone and tablet users can be downloaded free at the Google Play store. The AccuWeather iOS app is free at www.AppStore.com. Visit accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.
- After Year of Explosive Video Growth, AccuWeather Partners with JW Player to Expand Further
- April 19, 2019; 1:49 PM
- Companies team up as AccuWeather seeks to build on recent record of 300% growth in video views across all devices.
- AccuWeather Partners with Local ABC Stations in Support of 2019 National #DressForSTEM Campaign
- March 14, 2019; 9:43 AM
- AccuWeather Network Programming, Meteorologists and Broadcasters to Highlight Importance of Advancement for Women in Science and Technology Careers. AccuWeather Teams Nationwide to Wear Purple to Celebrate Women in STEM
- With More Severe Weather Ahead this Week, AccuWeather Warns Mississippi Valley Residents, Businesses to Plan Now and Avoid Death, Injury, Destruction
- March 08, 2019; 3:38 PM
- When severe weather spins up quickly, a trusted weather partner provides the most accurate weather warnings, helps businesses develop an emergency action plan with the confidence to know when to enact it. Said Jonathan Porter, “It is still early in the season with many more storms anticipated, and it only takes one destructive severe weather event to wreak havoc on a family, a home, a business or a community.”