Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer, Named to IAB Data Center of Excellence Board
- February 08, 2019; 8:52 AM
Danetz brings extensive experience to the IAB Data Center of Excellence, a trade group that enhances data resources for the digital media, marketing and advertising industries.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - February 8, 2019 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather media company as well as the leader in weather-related data, business and analytics, today announced that Global Chief Revenue Officer Eric Danetz has joined the board of the Interactive Advertising Bureau's (IAB) Data Center of Excellence.
Known worldwide for forecasts and warnings with proven Superior Accuracy™, AccuWeather was one of the first enterprises to leverage data in a meaningful way for business and marketers, and has the world's largest collection of weather data.
Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer
An independently funded unit within IAB, the Data Center of Excellence was founded to expand existing IAB resources and drive the "data agenda" for the digital media, marketing, and advertising industry. Its mission is to help advertisers and marketers operationalize their data assets, while maintaining quality, transparency, accountability and consumer protection. IAB comprises more than 650 leading media and technology companies responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing campaigns.
Danetz's membership on the board broadens AccuWeather's proactive engagement in developing and promoting data practices and standards that protect consumers while supporting business innovation and growth. "I am extremely excited to help develop and implement best practices for data usage in our industry," said Danetz.
"The last few years have revolutionized the potential benefits and risks inherent in using data," Danetz said. "AccuWeather understands that this transformation also increases the importance of privacy and brand safety. As we use data to improve consumer experiences as well as expand contextually relevant ad products, partnering with other innovators like Foursquare and Beemray, AccuWeather is dedicated to being a compliant, transparent, and accountable organization. Joining the IAB Data Center of Excellence board will help us garner valuable insights on potential issues and trends, share the experiences and lessons we've learned, and work with other leaders to ensure the positive growth of our industry."
In addition to obtaining representation on the IAB Data Center of Excellence board, AccuWeather is working with the IAB in other ways to enhance the industry. AccuWeather was a VIP sponsor for the IAB Annual Leadership Summit in Phoenix, Arizona, and other activities are planned for 2019.
"We look forward to adding Eric's dynamic thinking and creativity to the IAB Data Center of Excellence Board," said Orchid Richardson, Vice President and Managing Director of the IAB Data Center of Excellence. "This board is focused on best practices for using data effectively in the supply chain - all to the benefit of publishers, brands, and consumers. We are pleased to have Eric on our team to tap into his expertise and leadership in this space to advance this objective."
Prior to joining AccuWeather, Danetz was Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Inc. International, where he managed a multi-platform portfolio of more than 90 brands in 170 countries, published in 19 different languages. His other previous roles include Group Publisher of Fortune & Money; EVP, Chief Revenue Officer at Defy Media; and executive leadership positions at Newsweek, The Daily Beast, CBS Interactive, CNET and Ziff Davis.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through radio, television, newspapers, smart phones, tablets, connected TVs, the AccuWeather Network and AccuWeather.com. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather's many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Furthermore, AccuWeather serves 245 of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology." Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather™, AccuWeather MinuteCast®, Minute by Minute™ and Superior Accuracy™ are all trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc.
The AccuWeather app for Android phone and tablet users can be downloaded free at the Google Play store. The AccuWeather iOS app is free at www.AppStore.com. Visit accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer, Named to IAB Data Center of Excellence Board
- February 08, 2019; 8:52 AM
- Danetz brings extensive experience to the IAB Data Center of Excellence, a trade group that enhances data resources for the digital media, marketing and advertising industries. His membership deepens AccuWeather’s proactive engagement in developing and promoting practices and standards that protect consumers while supporting business innovation and growth.
- World's Most Trusted Weather Brand AccuWeather Receives Tabby Award for Top Weather App
- February 07, 2019; 9:29 AM
- Receiving a Tabby Award places the AccuWeather app among the “best of the best of best” in a massive market of more than 4.7 million apps.
- AccuWeather Promotes John Dokes to Chief Content Officer & President of AccuWeather Network, Announces Strategic Reorganization
- February 06, 2019; 9:15 AM
- Media Content Group and new role of Chief Content Officer established to ensure quality, consistency and reliability of content across expanding news, video properties and growing AccuWeather Network.
- AccuWeather Issues Statement of Apology to National Weather Service Employees
- January 17, 2019; 11:42 PM
- An article was published today on AccuWeather.com to reassure consumers and businesses that, despite some media reports, there has been no degradation to the accuracy of our weather forecasts due to the government shutdown. Additionally, the article indicated that National Weather Service forecasters, despite not being paid, continued to issue life-saving weather warnings to protect people and property across the country, and the necessary data continues to flow through government sources. This intent was not well communicated through the article.
- AccuWeather's New RealImpact(TM) Scale for Hurricanes will Revolutionize Damage Predictions for Greater Public Safety
- January 09, 2019; 7:30 PM
- New scale for hurricanes and tropical storms will provide a more comprehensive description of their impact beyond the simple wind speeds scale that has been used to classify the severity of storms for decades.
- Barry Lee Myers Steps Down from AccuWeather
- January 04, 2019; 9:11 AM
- Chief Executive Officer Barry Lee Myers has stepped down as officer and director of AccuWeather and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, effective January 1, 2019. Myers was nominated in late 2017 by President Trump to become Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. In accordance with the ethics pledge from Myers to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and in his testimony and comments made to the U.S. Senate, he has fulfilled his commitment to fully divest himself from AccuWeather and from any and all related interests.
- AccuWeather's Steve Root Receives American Meteorological Society Henry T. Harrison Award for Outstanding Contributions by a Consulting Meteorologist
- December 14, 2018; 6:28 AM
- A well-known expert in building historical and predicted weather data sets to better quantify energy demand, consumer buying behavior, and supply chain management, Root has pioneered unique meteorological applications serving consumers, businesses and governments for more than 30 years.
- AccuWeather Wins W3 Gold and Silver Digital Awards, Recognized for Mobile App Excellence
- December 05, 2018; 10:34 AM
- For the fifth time, digital awards go to AccuWeather for providing a superior weather app experience to users worldwide.
- AccuWeather Announces Special Year-End Bonus to Team Members in Celebration of 2018 Growth
- December 03, 2018; 7:21 AM
- Bonus for full- and part-time team members acknowledges Company’s double-digit growth, dedication to saving lives, protecting people and property.
- AccuWeather Appoints Edward Arditte as Chief Financial Officer
- November 21, 2018; 4:40 AM
- Longtime AccuWeather Board Member brings more than 30 years’ experience in finance and operations.