AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
AccuWeather meets stringent anti-fraud requirements set by TAG, the leading global certification program fighting criminal activity and increasing trust in the digital advertising industry.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - June 3, 2019 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
Created by the industry's top trade organizations, TAG is the leading global certification program fighting criminal activity and increasing trust in the digital advertising industry. The organization brings together companies across the digital advertising supply chain to eliminate fraudulent traffic, combat malware, prevent Internet piracy and promote greater transparency in digital advertising.
By earning TAG's Certified Against Fraud Seal, AccuWeather joins a group of media and advertising companies that have met the stringent requirements designed to protect advertisers, publishers, technology providers and consumers from digital ad fraud, including "fake clicks" generated from bots, domain spoofing and the reselling of unauthorized inventory. Fraud costs the digital advertising industry an estimated $20 billion per year, but could go up as high as $50 billion by 2025, according to industry experts.
"As a leader and innovator in the digital media space, AccuWeather has always worked to protect both the organizations that advertise with us, and the individuals who turn to AccuWeather to protect their families, themselves and their property as well as to get more from their day," said Julie Johnson, Vice President, IT Process and Communications at AccuWeather. "User safety, security and transparency are top priorities at AccuWeather, and it's an honor to receive this certification from TAG. We look forward to continuing to work with TAG to further enhance best practices within the digital advertising industry."
Said Mike Zaneis, TAG's Chief Executive Officer, "We are delighted to recognize AccuWeather with the TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal, which highlights the company's leadership in protecting the integrity of the digital advertising supply chain. This achievement shows AccuWeather's commitment to winning the fight against fraudulent, non-human traffic in the digital advertising business, and we look forward to working together to build a strong and safer ad ecosystem."
In the United States, companies using TAG-certified channels have seen an 84 percent reduction in invalid traffic rates compared to the broader industry average. In Europe, the drop is even more dramatic -- 94 percent reduction, from an industry average of 8.99 percent to just 0.53 percent, according to TAG's latest fraud benchmark study for European markets. As AccuWeather seeks to better serve people and businesses worldwide, its TAG Certified status provides even more certainty to advertisers and publishers in the EMEA market.
To meet the guidelines for the TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal, AccuWeather implemented processes, systems and tools to filter out invalid traffic to its web sites, and it obtained Media Rating Council accreditation for invalid traffic detection. The company also discloses sources of paid traffic, and it conducts quarterly internal reviews to ensure compliance. In addition, as AccuWeather's TAG Designated Compliance Officer, Johnson participates actively in the TAG Certified Against Fraud program to stay current on best practices for preventing fraud.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through radio, television, newspapers, smart phones, tablets, connected TVs, the AccuWeather Network and AccuWeather.com. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather's many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Furthermore, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology." Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather™, AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Scale, AccuWeather RealImpact™, AccuWeather RI™, AccuWeather MinuteCast®, Minute by Minute™ and Superior Accuracy™ are all trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc.
The AccuWeather app for Android phone and tablet users is free at the Google Play store. The AccuWeather iOS app is free at www.AppStore.com. Visit accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.
- After Year of Explosive Video Growth, AccuWeather Partners with JW Player to Expand Further
- April 19, 2019; 1:49 PM
- Companies team up as AccuWeather seeks to build on recent record of 300% growth in video views across all devices.
- AccuWeather Partners with Local ABC Stations in Support of 2019 National #DressForSTEM Campaign
- March 14, 2019; 9:43 AM
- AccuWeather Network Programming, Meteorologists and Broadcasters to Highlight Importance of Advancement for Women in Science and Technology Careers. AccuWeather Teams Nationwide to Wear Purple to Celebrate Women in STEM
- With More Severe Weather Ahead this Week, AccuWeather Warns Mississippi Valley Residents, Businesses to Plan Now and Avoid Death, Injury, Destruction
- March 08, 2019; 3:38 PM
- When severe weather spins up quickly, a trusted weather partner provides the most accurate weather warnings, helps businesses develop an emergency action plan with the confidence to know when to enact it. Said Jonathan Porter, “It is still early in the season with many more storms anticipated, and it only takes one destructive severe weather event to wreak havoc on a family, a home, a business or a community.”