- Anatomy of an Eclipse Trip
- August 18, 2017; 3:37 PM
- Two Professional Astronomers and longtime friends prepare and travel to a location to witness the Great America Eclipse. Read about their adventure day by day.
- Detailing cloud forecast for the path of totality
- August 16, 2017; 4:43 PM
- Most of the country has a decent chance of seeing the Great American Eclipse. The cloud cover during the few minutes of totality will be the most scrutinized.
- Eclipse checklist: 5 things to take with you for the solar eclipse
- August 15, 2017; 7:40 PM
- The much anticipated solar eclipse is almost here, so people traveling to the path of totality should make sure they have everything they need before hitting the road.
- Perseid Meteor Shower Continues
- August 12, 2017; 6:07 PM
- Take a look tonight for more Perseid meteors. The most popular meteor shower of the year will be near its peak again tonight!
- AccuWeather spreads across the country for coverage of the Great American Eclipse
- August 11, 2017; 5:09 PM
- On Monday, Aug. 21, AccuWeather will spread across the country to watch the Great American Eclipse, covering it on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and the AccuWeather Network.
- 2017 Perseid Meteor Shower Viewing Guide
- August 11, 2017; 11:30 AM
- Frequently the top meteor shower of the year, the Perseids peak Friday night and continue through the weekend. This is your complete viewing guide for the shower!
- 5 surprising effects the total solar eclipse will have besides darkness
- August 07, 2017; 9:12 PM
- In less than two weeks, millions of Americans will witness day turn to night as the moon blocks out the light from the sun, but there is more to the celestial spectacle than many think.
- It is eclipse time!
- August 06, 2017; 6:46 PM
- A lunar eclipse will occur over the Eastern Hemisphere Monday night. Two weeks later, the eclipse of a lifetime will occur across the United States
- Look for Meteors Tonight
- July 31, 2017; 4:37 PM
- You can see meteors from two different showers tonight! The Delta Aquariids will continue as the Perseids build in the coming nights.
- Southern Delta Aquariids meteor shower continues
- July 30, 2017; 2:42 PM
- Look for meteors over the next few nights as the Southern Delta Aquariids meteor shower is a warmup act for the Perseids in two weeks.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F