- Look for Earthshine and the brightest star in the sky tonight
- January 18, 2018; 2:33 PM
- With a young moon, now is the perfect time for some stargazing. The sky will be exceptionally dark over the next few nights.
- Mars and Jupiter conjunction, major astronomy anniversary
- January 06, 2018; 7:19 PM
- In the predawn hours, look for Mars and Jupiter side-by-side. Also on this date, a discovery that changed astronomy forever.
- Quadrantids peak tonight
- January 03, 2018; 6:51 PM
- Supermoon rises on the first day of 2018
- January 01, 2018; 6:34 PM
- The first of two supermoons rises on January 1st! This will be the biggest moon of 2018.
- Geminids end, next up, the Ursids
- December 21, 2017; 5:03 PM
- On the night of the winter solstice, a meteor shower peaks! Take a look for some meteors on the longest night of the year!
- 2017 Geminids Viewing Guide
- December 10, 2017; 9:21 PM
- The Geminid meteor shower will peak Wednesday night with 120 meteors per hour, making it the most active meteor shower of the year. Viewing conditions will be decent across most of the country.
- First supermoon of 2017
- December 03, 2017; 2:41 PM
- The moon in the sky tonight will actually be a little bigger than normal. The first supermoon of the year is tonight.
- December to remember
- November 30, 2017; 3:40 PM
- The Geminids occur in mid-December and will be the most active meteor shower of the year. Several other interesting astronomical events occur during the last month of 2017.
- Bushnell Voyager 700x76mm Reflector Telescope
- November 29, 2017; 1:21 PM
- This is a great, easy to use telescope. It is perfect for kids and a quick fun way to look at the night sky.
- Mostly clear night skies ahead
- November 24, 2017; 5:09 PM
- Unusually clear skies are expected through the rest of the weekend and well into next week.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F