- NOAA releases their global temperature data for 2017
- January 23, 2018; 11:26 AM
- Last year still ranked in the top five warmest on record without the aid of an El Nino.
- How did 2017 rank in terms of global temperature?
- January 18, 2018; 12:19 PM
- The five warmest years on record globally have all occurred since 2010.
- 2017 Arctic sea ice recap
- January 12, 2018; 1:14 PM
- 2017 was another very low year for sea ice in the Arctic.
- Climate models likely underestimate cooling influence of daily clouds
- January 10, 2018; 11:53 AM
- Researchers have determined that climate models underestimate the cooling effect that clouds have on a daily basis, especially over land areas.
- Long-term temperature trends for the US and North America
- January 05, 2018; 7:39 AM
- No surprise, long-term warming trend clearly evident for a large portion of the U.S.
- Large portion of the world may become much drier if warming reaches 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels
- January 01, 2018; 3:13 PM
- Over 25 percent of the Earth's land surface may become much drier if the world warms to 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.
- Increase in very humid days may make some regions of the world unlivable in 50 years
- December 27, 2017; 5:47 PM
- Extreme, deadly humidity may become much more widespread during the second half of this century
- Instability of Antarctic ice sheet makes future sea level rise estimates more uncertain
- December 13, 2017; 5:09 PM
- We may have to wait till the 2060s before scientists are able to accurately predict global sea level rise by the end of the century
- Substantial acceleration in sea level rise along portions of the US East Coast since late 20th century
- November 27, 2017; 2:08 PM
- New research has determined that there has been a substantial acceleration in sea level rise along the southern U.S. East Coast since the early 1990s.
- How did October 2017 rank in terms of global temperature
- November 20, 2017; 8:52 AM
- Another near-record warmth month for the globe.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F