- Republicans more persuasive than actual scientists when it comes to correcting misinformation about climate change
- April 25, 2018; 9:59 AM
- Regardless of political affiliation, people are more likely to believe facts about climate change if they come from Republicans, according to a new study.
- March global temperature and Arctic sea ice update
- April 18, 2018; 10:18 AM
- March 2018 ranked as the sixth warmest March on record while Arctic sea ice continues to run well below normal.
- Major North Atlantic Ocean circulation system is weakening
- April 12, 2018; 11:05 AM
- The Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) has slowed down since the mid-20th century.
- Sahara Desert has expanded by 10% since 1920
- April 04, 2018; 1:10 PM
- Natural and man-made impacts have caused the world's largest desert to expand since the early 20th century.
- Major increase in coastal road flooding along East Coast over the past 20 years
- March 29, 2018; 12:41 PM
- High tide coastal flooding has become much more common along the U.S. East Coast over the last 20 years.
- Arctic sea ice has its second lowest annual maximum on record
- March 28, 2018; 10:58 AM
- The annual maximum Arctic sea ice extent will end up being the second lowest in the satellite record
- Long-term trends in Northern Hemispheric storms
- March 26, 2018; 3:19 PM
- Climate change is likely having an impact on the frequency and intensity of storms in the Northern Hemisphere.
- New study reaffirms link between Arctic warming and extreme winter weather in the eastern U.S.
- March 14, 2018; 2:22 PM
- Extreme winter weather is two to four times more likely to occur in the eastern U.S. when the Arctic is abnormally warm versus abnormally cold.
- Potential impacts of warmer and wetter summers in the near future
- March 01, 2018; 10:34 AM
- Warmer and wetter summers may cause some unexpected negative impacts in the near future
- How did January 2018 rank in terms of global temperatures?
- February 21, 2018; 12:26 PM
- Both NOAA and NASA GISS have released their global surface temperature anomaly data for January 2018.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F