- 25th Anniversary of the Storm of the Century
- March 12, 2018; 3:19 PM
- 25 years ago this week, the "Blizzard of 1993" wreaked havoc from Florida to Maine and I was in North Carolina to experience it.
- Nor'easter's Greatest Hits: 100-mph winds, 39" snow, 2.5 million without power
- March 03, 2018; 8:12 AM
- The March Nor'easter dropped 39 inches of snow and had 100 mph winds.
- March comes in like a bomb!
- March 01, 2018; 2:50 PM
- The first big Nor'easter since early January is threatening widespread power outages, heavy snow and coastal damage.
- Astounding webcam comparisons: Snow drought in Yosemite vs. surplus in Rockies
- February 21, 2018; 11:31 AM
- Two webcams in California and Montana show massive differences in snow compared to last winter.
- Will Punxsutawney Phil be buried by snow on Groundhog's Day?
- January 30, 2018; 3:01 PM
- Believe it or not, heavy snow is unusual in Punxsutawney on Groundhog Day.
- Close-up photos of snowflakes taken with a microscope
- January 26, 2018; 11:59 AM
- Use a cheap microscope to take near close-up photos of snowflakes
- "Storm Chasers" star Joel Taylor passes away
- January 24, 2018; 7:43 PM
- I'm sad to report that Joel Taylor, storm chaser, passed away yesterday, the 23rd storm chaser or meteorologist to perish this decade.
- Webcams show stark difference in California snowpack 2018 vs. 2017
- January 23, 2018; 12:35 PM
- California is in a snow drought and the webcams show this all too well.
- Extreme cold in North Carolina, Virginia
- January 09, 2018; 5:03 PM
- The eastern half of the nation has experienced two weeks of extreme temperature departures.
- Blizzard of 2018: 100+ mph winds, record low pressure, huge waves
- January 05, 2018; 6:51 PM
- The first major winter storm of the year has set records and dropped snow from Florida to Maine.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F