- Storm to raise flood risk in parts of northeastern US early next week
- January 20, 2018; 5:01 AM
- Surging temperatures combined with soaking rainfall will elevate the risk for flash flooding and ice jams in the northeastern United States.
- Southern California to feel effects of the Thomas Fire for years, if not decades, experts say
- January 19, 2018; 1:42 PM
- The Thomas Fire raged through Southern California for over a month, from Dec. 4 to Jan. 12. Impacts including rebuilding and mudslide threats are expected to last for years.
- Photos: Massive ice jam causes Housatonic River to swell to dangerous levels in Kent, Connecticut
- January 19, 2018; 1:14 PM
- Flooding and ice jams led to a local state of emergency in Kent, Connecticut, earlier this week. Upcoming warm weather and rainfall may add to the concerns facing this community.
- 2018 Australian Open to catch break from heat into early next week
- January 19, 2018; 11:59 AM
- After players and fans endured blistering heat at the 2018 Australian Open late this week, a welcome change is expected this weekend and early next week.
- Germany: New storms may delay travel, cleanup crews after deadly windstorm Friederike
- January 19, 2018; 11:40 AM
- On the heels of damaging windstorm Friederike, two new winter storms will target Germany into early next week and further disrupt travel and cleanup operations.
- Snow, chill to depart UK by Monday
- January 19, 2018; 10:23 AM
- The opportunity for snow will gradually diminish across the United Kingdom later this weekend as milder air streams in.
- Why are cold sores more likely to manifest in the winter?
- January 19, 2018; 10:17 AM
- Cold sore outbreaks are more likely in the winter due to triggers common during the cold season.
- Gusty storms to rattle areas from Texas, Louisiana to Missouri Sunday night
- January 19, 2018; 9:46 AM
- Thunderstorms capable of localized severe weather will erupt from Texas to Oklahoma and Arkansas Sunday evening before moving eastward into Monday.
- Weekly wrap-up: Temperatures plunge to minus 88 F in remote Russia; Winter storm kills 15 in southern US
- January 19, 2018; 9:31 AM
- Extreme cold in Siberia gained global attention on social media this week while a snow and ice storm blasted parts of Texas to the Carolinas.
- Photos: Friederike kills 8, becomes strongest windstorm in 11 years to strike Germany
- January 19, 2018; 7:21 AM
- The death toll from Thursday's damaging windstorm Friederike has risen to 11 across central Europe with eight killed in Germany alone.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F