- Experts explain how rising carbon dioxide depletes nutrients in our food
- October 23, 2017; 4:20 PM
- Recent studies show that rising carbon dioxide lowers the concentrations of minerals and proteins in important crops and most plant species.
- Deadly Typhoon Lan slams Japan with damaging winds, flooding and mudslides
- October 23, 2017; 12:36 PM
- At least six people were killed as Typhoon Lan pounded eastern Japan from Sunday into Monday.
- 5 years later: Superstorm Sandy anniversary can cause victims' pain to resurface
- October 23, 2017; 12:30 PM
- Even as the years go on and the physical recovery improves, memories of Superstorm Sandy can be a source of mental anguish for victims.
- What is leptospirosis, the deadly disease spreading in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico?
- October 23, 2017; 11:32 AM
- There are 74 suspected cases of leptospirosis in Puerto Rico, and four deaths attributed to the disease. What is this disease, and why are people dying?
- Waves of chilly air to bring opportunities for snow in midwestern and perhaps northeastern US
- October 23, 2017; 11:06 AM
- Waves of chilly air will bring opportunities for snowflakes and accumulating snow in parts of the central and northeastern United States through the end of October.
- More cold, snow in store in Moscow this week following first flakes of the season
- October 23, 2017; 10:36 AM
- Cold weather and the threat for snow will continue to plague Moscow this week.
- Pollution linked to 9 million premature deaths in 2015, new study finds
- October 23, 2017; 9:00 AM
- Exposures to contaminated air, water and soil were responsible for 9 million premature deaths in 2015, according to a recent study.
- UK winter forecast: Powerful windstorms to cause power cuts, travel disruption in 1st half of season
- October 23, 2017; 8:06 AM
- As autumn comes to a close, meteorologists are predicting a stormy winter season ahead for the United Kingdom.
- Storm to bring blustery conditions, widespread snow to Rockies later this week
- October 23, 2017; 6:40 AM
- An expansive snow event is in store for the western United States beginning at midweek.
- Hawaii: Downpours to ease drought conditions, raise flash flood risk into Tuesday
- October 22, 2017; 12:26 PM
- Drenching rain will converge on much of the Hawaiian Islands and raise the risk of flash flooding early this week.
Enter postal code or city...
Browse for your location
English (US) °F